#14 Black Threads

Wolves could be heard when Temari opened her eyes again. However when she looked at the group of enemies she saw the wolves attack walls of paper. Confused, she looked around only to see a blue haired woman standing on the edge of the crater, paper floating around her.

Naruto had also realized that their plan had failed. Quickly picking up the kunai he had used to hiraishin into the formation of their opponents he threw it towards Temari and quickly transported towards it, just as the wolves ran out of chakra.

The two sides stared at each other for a few moments as they regained their breaths, Naruto walking next to Temari and the blue haired woman walking up behind the six rinnegan users.

The two blondes saw the last of the orange haired say something to the newcomer causing her to nod and turn around, walking back towards the edge of the crater again.

"Keep an eye on her." Naruto told Temari, who only nodded, as they were thinking about a way to get at their enemies.

Naruto was about to suggest a plan when the orange haired woman took a step forward and went through some hand signs. A giant smoke cloud appeared as the woman summoned her spirit animals. Naruto cursed as they dodged the beak of the flying dinosaur that had shot at them before the smoke had even cleared.

Quickly going through his own hand signs Naruto slammed his hands on the ground, summoning a similarly large cloud of smoke, making the animals in front of him stop.

"What is the meaning of this? Why did you summon us, boy?" The deep voice of Gamabunta rang out across the crater.

"I need your help." Naruto stated, as the smoke cleared and three giant toads were revealed. They didn't need any more information since they were almost immediately attacked by the summons from the orange haired woman.

"We need to get rid of the man that can revive them. We won't make any progress if he can just revive them." Temari mumbled as she and Naruto focused back on the six people. Naruto nodded as they dodged another set of rockets.

Quickly taking out two three pronged kunai, Naruto saw an opening as the Akatsuki members were changing their positions. Throwing one of his kunai at the group and dropping the other one, a clone appeared next to him as he held out his hand and formed a Rasengan. The clone quickly began infusing it with wind chakra as Temari watched the kunai slowly approach the group. They had seen the kunai and also saw Naruto charging up his jutsu, however they had not seen it in action yet, since Naruto had never used it in combat before, so they didn't move from their position as the kunai flew through their midst. A flash cut through the crater again, making the summons stop fighting as they looked around. The eyes of the Akatsuki went wide when they realized that Naruto had only stopped very briefly in their formation, just long enough to slam the Rasenshuriken into the ground before he teleported to the kunai he had left next to Temari. The six orange haired shinobi tried to jump away but the one with the power to revive his comrades was not quick enough, since he was the closest to the expanding mass of chakra and was enveloped by the sphere. As the light died down there was nothing left of the body except a small crater where he had stood.

Temari quickly fired a few wind blades at the disorganized group, trying to keep them from organizing as Naruto regained his breath a bit. They saw the orange haired woman getting isolated from her teammates so Naruto quickly made a shadow clone and they took off. The clone rounded their target and attacked her from behind forcing her to turn and defend against his kunai with the weird black rods they used instead of kunai. Naruto used this chance to attack her back, although when he slashed at her, the woman blocked the strike with her free hand without even looking. Naruto quickly continued his slashes and grew more and more confused when his opponent blocked each strike without looking at him once. A giant smoke explosion allowed him to disengage as he jumped back next to Temari, watching as the smoke cleared and showed that Gamabunta was the only summon left standing.