#19 Ressurection

“He believed in you. So do I. I hope we will meet again, Naruto Hatake.” The purple haired woman stated, as her paper slowly wrapped around the corpse of her deceased friend. 
“We will Konan. Are you sure that you don't want to come with me? I am certain that the Hokage would allow you a fair trial and sentence, maybe she would even let you join Konoha, once you proved your loyalty.” The blonde boy suggested, as they stepped outside of the hollow tree, the wrapped corpse of Nagato hovering behind them. 
“I am sure. Your village will most likely not like me, after what happened.” Konan said with a small smile on her lips. 
“I will get by. Don't worry about me.” She continued as when she saw Naruto about to argue.
“Alright. Stay safe.” Naruto said with a smile and a wave.
“You too. I want to see that peaceful world you envision. I know that Nagato would have loved it.” She stated as she watched Naruto smile before he turned around jumping away towards his village.

Sasuke’s eyes widened as he watched the green chakra signatures. Following the one that caught his interest he triple checked to make sure and was certain that it contained the chakra of his late wife. Immediately following the green mass he jumped over the stunned shinobi, having to use all of his strength to keep up with the jutsu. He realised where it was leading him and began to get worried, as he didn't know what that jutsu would do to Haku’s corpse. He was conflicted, since he could see that the chakra was calm and exactly like Haku’s, which showed him that it had most likely not been tampered with, but his logic told him that this was most likely a jutsu from the Akatsuki and that this could not be in good intent. Coming to a conclusion he sprinted forward positioning himself between Haku’s dead body and the green chakra, trying to protect his wife from whatever the jutsu would do to her. His eyes widened as the mass simply passed through him. He was stunned for a second until he heard sounds of movement behind him. Spinning around his mind was racing, as he tried to find anything wrong with the body and the chakra in front of him. 
“Sasuke.” He heard the soft voice of Haku, as if she had just woken up from a deep sleep.
“Is it really you?” He asked, not wanting to believe it, as the brown eyes opened again. 
“I think so.” The girl answered as she tried to sit up. Sasuke cried out in happiness and quickly engulfed his wife in a hug, careful not to hurt her.
“How?” Was the only thing that Sasuke could ask as he cried into the shoulder of the teen.
“Does it matter?” Haku replied, a small smile on her face as she pulled back a bit to place a soft kiss on Sasuke’s lips.

When Naruto arrived at the village he was greeted by a scene that would have been a contender for the weirdest scene in his memory; the destroyed gate being guarded by Konohamaru and Hanabi, while everywhere in the crater was happy chatter and it seemed as if a festival was celebrated, even though the village still laid in ruins. Smiling, he was glad to see that Nagato’s jutsu had apparently worked as he had to force himself to slow down to not crash through the gate in search of Temari.
“Naruto!” Hanabi cried out as he came into view, her Byakugan active. Smiling at his two remaining students the boy accepted the hugs from the two, as he looked around the mass of people in between the tents, searching for his favourite hair colour amongst them.
“Sorry guys, I have someone to see.” Naruto excused himself as he found the blonde pigtails of his fiance. Dashing through the paths, narrowly avoiding any person in his way, Naruto’s smile grew wider as he got closer to the person he had thought lost. 
Temari turned as Kakashi smiled and Kurenai’s eyes widened slightly, both looking behind her at Naruto speeding through the people. She barely had enough time to open her arms as she was swept off of her feet. Spinning the girl around Naruto smiled as he slowed down bringing Temari down and connecting their lips, tears spilling out of both their eyes. 
“Hey.” Temari whispered, as they disconnected.
“I thought I lost you.” Naruto murmured, pulling her as close as possible, and burying his face in her shoulder. Kakashi and Kurenai took that as their clue, as they joined the pair in a family group hug. The blonde felt her fiance tense briefly, still not really sure how he should feel about the two who surrounded them but he relaxed quickly afterwards. 
“I love you.” Temari whispered into Naruto’s ear, pulling him closer to herself.
Feeling the two jonin release their grip, Naruto brought his head up to look into the teal eyes of his lover. 
“I love you too.” He whispered against her lips, as they kissed again.