#6 Copies

Naruto and Temari sped through the forest as they stumbled across a stream cutting through the woods. On the opposite bank was a large stone surface. Upon closer inspection the pair found an intricate seal that disguised something behind the facade of the stone.

After a while they realised that they had to find four other seals to destroy the big one. Those seals had to be in the immediate vicinity, but Naruto and Temari knew that it would take too long to find them. Naruto contemplated using another jutsu Jiraiya had taught him. However before he could move, they felt four people approach them. Readying their weapons the pair turned to confront the newcomers, but was relieved when they recognized the squad in front of them.

"Oh god, you are safe." Kurenai breathed out, rushing over to Naruto and enveloping him in a huge hug. Temari noticed how Kakashi dismissed his dog. Naruto was surprised by his mother's actions but he returned the hug briefly before pulling away.

"I don't know why you are here, but it's great. Hanabi, there is a seal on this rock. It is connected to four other seals in the area. The connection has to be visible with your byakugan. Find them and take them down." Naruto said, after another brief hug by his two genin.

The Hyuga nodded, activating her doujutsu and looking at the seal. True to Naruto's words she could see small chakra lines extend from the rock into the forest. The squad quickly got to work with Hanabi showing them where the others have to go. Coordinating over wireless headsets the four of them ripped the seals at the exact same time as Naruto took down the one on the stone surface.

"Well if it isn't the bright Hyuga daughter. How does it feel, knowing you couldn't save your little teammate?" Hanabi heard the voice behind her and felt a shudder go down her back. Turning around she confirmed why the voice sounded so familiar as she looked at her own face.

The fake Hanabi grinned at the genin as she took out a kunai.

"So how do you want to die?" she asked, readying the weapon and activating her byakugan. Hanabi activated her own doujutsu as she flew through hand signs. However once the fire dragon came out of her mouth her reflection was already moving to evade it, easily dodging it. "You can't defeat me. I know everything about you." The fake taunted.

Hanabi just scoffed as she flew through another set of handsigns, firing three balls of fire at the girl in front of her. Her opponent managed to easily get away from the too, still grinning.

"I am an exact copy of yourself. You can't beat me." The reflection exclaimed as it went on the offensive, trying to strike Hanabi with the gentle fist. Hanabi saw that her reflection was right; she knew what the fake was going to do, even before it did it.

This went on for a few minutes before the two Hyugas split, both panting. Thinking quickly Hanabi realized that the copy could only be as good as she was at the moment she had ripped the seal. She thought for a second and came up with a plan.

Slowly going through a set of hand seals Hanabi watched as the fake looked at her confused. "You don't know that jutsu." It exclaimed as the other came to the end of the sequence. Hanabi smiled, finishing the sequence. The fake looked confused as nothing happened. Before it could snap out of it's stupor Hanabi had already thrown a kunai, piercing it in the head. The Hyuga smiled as she watched her reflection disappear.

"Ah the might of the Sarutobis. How far it has fallen." Konohamaru turned around at the insult, stumbling back as he saw himself leaning against one of the trees. Before he could say anything the fake pushed itself off the tree and took a step towards the boy.

"You know, I never thought that you would let your teammate die. I thought you would rather die yourself." It said, taking out a kunai.

"Shut up! There was nothing I could have done!" Konohamaru replied angrily, mirroring the actions of his reflection. His opponent laughed at that.