Chapter 2

"Anyone want to come over? Cade is going to be with Addie so he won't be there to be an ass," Grace asks us Monday afternoon a couple days later once school has gotten out for early release, mentioning her brother's constantly on-and-off-again gir...

"Anyone want to come over? Cade is going to be with Addie so he won't be there to be an ass," Grace asks us Monday afternoon a couple days later once school has gotten out for early release, mentioning her brother's constantly on-and-off-again girlfriend, Addison Freeman. She's wearing her rose puff short sleeve button-up top that has a scoop neckline and a frill hemline she has paired with her white mid-rise, A-line denim button-down mini skirt with front flap pockets. She's standing at five-foot-two since she has slipped her feet inside her off-white pair of slip-on ballet flats with floral cutouts. Her taupe backpack with a half-moon top with a fold over snap closure is on her shoulders while her shoulder blade length light golden blonde hair is pulled into a ponytail showing off her silver hoops with a crochet fabric design along the inside while her black polished cat-eye frames which have round gray gradient lenses are shielding up her gunmetal blue eyes.

Henry Clay High School is an older high school located along the outer edge of the center of Lexington. It's a large enough campus made up of two connected two-story brick buildings to teach over 2,000 students. The front of the school has an oversized canopy with "HENRY CLAY HIGH SCHOOL" along with the logos decorating glass panels, each separated by a pillar at the end of a long tree lined pathway.

The academic building is on the right side of the campus with a covered walkway off the main pathway from the canopy while the shared cafeteria and gymnasium building is on the left side beside the student parking lot, connected to the academic building by enclosed pathways along both sides of an outside courtyard.

The soccer field is located at the front of the campus in front of the canopy off to the left, the softball field is to the left of the student parking lot, the baseball field is behind them while the football field is centered at the back of the campus. The tennis court area is on the right side of campus, behind the staff parking lot between it and the football field.

The school colors are dark blue and gold and the mascot is the Blue Devils and I could care less about showing any kind of support for the school outside of Aubrey's dance shows she has taken part in this past year since sports outside of horse racing mean basically nothing to me.

"Wait, you don't wanna spend that time with Austin then?" I tease, nodding my head at her boyfriend, Austin Ward, her boyfriend of nearly five months, who's walking ahead of us along with Hayden and Owen Buckley, Savannah's boyfriend of six months, engrossed in a conversation of their own. I am dressed in my coral mid-thigh length button-up utility shirtdress with a point collar, two flap pockets on the chest, roll-tab sleeves and an elastic drawstring waistline. I pulled my hair up into a half-up half-down style to show off my thin silver teardrop French wire earrings that are textured along the bottom. My feet have been slid inside of my taupe pair of eyelet fabric wedges with ankle straps, four-and-a-half-inch cork heels and peep-toes while my oversized round cream tortoise sunglasses which have gray lenses are shielding my eyes and my light gray backpack that has a handle and a front pocket is on my right shoulder.