Chapter 9

On Monday morning I'm still feeling conflicted about Saturday afternoon despite Lucas and I talking the rest of the weekend

On Monday morning I'm still feeling conflicted about Saturday afternoon despite Lucas and I talking the rest of the weekend. I had fun with Lucas, but my dad's stubbornness and harsh behavior is making it hard for me to bask in it, especially when I think about the kiss, well, the two kisses to be exact. I didn't tell Lucas about my emotional breakdown I had after he left that afternoon. I doubt I ever will either, it's not something I'm proud of and he doesn't need to know about it.

My mom came and talked to me about what had happened with my dad after yet another awkward dinner on Saturday, and she asked me if I still wanted to see where things could go with Lucas. I told her I wasn't sure, she said she was fine with whatever I decided and she'd do her best to help my dad come around to the idea of letting Lucas and I date if I decide that's what I want.

"Five minutes Kaylin!" Kimberly yells from her bedroom down the hallway from mine.

"I know," I grumble, sending a text message to Lucas from where I'm sitting on my bed. I'm wearing my bright blue sleeveless billowy top that has a pleated halter neckline I've paired with my dark blue washed pair of cropped high-rise denim skinny jeans which have whiskering and distressed hemlines. My feet are inside my taupe wedges with ankle straps, laser cut floral cutouts on the fabric upper, four-and-a-half-inch cork heels and peep-toes while my silver medium sized geometric hoops are barely poking through my hair that I've left down with beach waves curled through it.

Kaylin [04/27/2020 7:38 AM]: Hey. (:

"Well, somebody's sure in a good mood," I hear Aubrey say and I look up, startled to find her leaning against my door frame since I didn't hear her come in.

"Oh, uh, hey," I reply as my phone vibrates in my hand while she drops her backpack down on the floor by my door.

"Lucas?" she asks as she plops down on my bed. She's dressed in her ivory textured short sleeve top with a crew neckline and a twist at the front hemline and her light blue washed denim mini skirt with a raw hemline. She has slipped her feet into her beige pair of wedges with two ankle straps, two overlapping straps above a single strap across the toes, three-and-a-half inch wrapped heels and one-and-a-half inch platforms. She has brought her natural styled hair back into a half-up half-down look, her three small silver chain link drop earrings barely peeking through while she has her sleek polished leopard tortoise cat eye sunglasses with brown gradient lenses sit atop her head.

Lucas [04/27/2020 7:39 AM]: Good morning. (:

Kaylin [04/27/2020 7:40 AM]: How are you?

"What?" I ask her after looking up to find her eyes on me.

"So, I'm guessing that Saturday went well? You never really said how it went."

I hadn't told the girls much about what happened on Saturday, especially about the kisses or how my dad freaked out in front of Lucas because I was still trying to deal with it myself and it wasn't something I wanted to talk about over the phone.