Chapter 7

"You gotta tell me about your date with Lucas," Aubrey says Monday morning while we walk through the student parking lot towards the back side of the cafeteria

"You gotta tell me about your date with Lucas," Aubrey says Monday morning while we walk through the student parking lot towards the back side of the cafeteria. She is wearing a light blue cap sleeve mid-thigh length dress with a high round neckline and hemline she has matched with her beige strappy slingback wedges which have four-and-a-quarter inch cork heels and one-inch platforms. Her hair is pulled back in a braid, showing off her silver filigree disc drop earrings while her eyes are shielded behind her black polished oversized square sunglasses that have gray lenses while her backpack on her right shoulder.

"I had fun, we had fun. There's just something about him that makes it feel like there's no pressure between us," I reply to her as I adjust my sleek oversized polished cream tortoise round sunglasses with gray lenses. I am dressed in my indigo woven short ruffle sleeve top that has a round neckline, my dark washed mid-rise denim shorts with contrast stitching, whiskering on the front and embroidered flower design on the back pockets while my feet are inside my taupe pair of faux-leather espadrille wedges that have ankle straps, three-inch esparto rope demi wedge heels and two-inch platforms and round open toes. I have pulled my hair into a top bun, completely exposing my silver tapered bar earrings while my porcine faux-leather backpack that has a top handle, a front pocket and a heart keychain on the top zipper rests on my right shoulder.

"Well, that's good! Are you guys gonna go out again then?"

"Probably. We haven't-."

"Hey Podmore, wait up!" I hear Lucas call over to Aubrey and I, cutting me off.

"See ya later," Aubrey says with a knowing smile before she walks away.

"Hey Mitchell," I greet Lucas when he stops in front of me before he gives me a tight hug that I wasn't expecting.

"Hi," he smiles. He is wearing his black short sleeve t-shirt with a split neckline, his very dark blue washed low-rise straight denim jeans and his boots. "How are you?"

"I'm good," I smile up at him. "How about you?" I ask back, taking the initiative to hook our pinkies before we start heading to the building together amongst the other students.

"I'm go-" he starts before he's cut off when we reach the doors.

"Lucas Mitchell!" I hear a voice shriek from behind us.

"Shit, I'm sorry Kaylin," he says, looking down at me. Him using my first name, tells me the exchange that's about to happen probably isn't going to be a good one.

I know why he's apologizing to me right now too, every underclassman knows whose voice that is, none other than Nichole Young.

Well, the not-so-secret-secret, is out to her now.

"I know you heard me, Lucas!" Nichole calls out again, her voice closer despite the fact that we haven't stopped walking.

"Go away Nichole," he huffs.