Chapter 18

A week later, my parents and I are in Elmont, New York for the Belmont Park Racing Festival weekend even though Player was pulled from the Belmont Stakes, O'Malley, Dusty Moment, Dazzling Daze and Trick N' Treat are racing the next two days

O'Malley runs first this afternoon in a $500,000 five-and-a-half furlong dirt race, The True North Stakes, for four-year-olds and older, Dusty Moment races after him in the New York Stakes, a mile-and-a-quarter race on the turf for four-year-old mares and older, also with a $500,000 purse. Dazzling Daze and Trick N' Treat will run tomorrow afternoon in the mile long dirt race, the $300,000 Acorn Stakes which is for three-year-old fillies and the $1,200,000 Runhappy Metropolitan Handicap dirt mile race that is for three-year-olds and older respectively.

I just arrived at our barn on the backside with my mom since we stayed back at the motel when my dad left to come over early this morning.

The True North Stakes post time isn't until almost 5:00 p.m. but Jason and Kelley have Indian Kiss racing in a little less than an hour in the Bed O' Roses Invitational Stakes, a seven-furlong dirt race for four-year-old mares and older with a purse of $245,000 and I wanted to be there with them.

Not to mention that today is also mine and Lucas's one month anniversary of officially being boyfriend and girlfriend so we are making sure we will be able to see each other today no matter what.

On Sunday, I spent most of the day building a playlist to match the one Lucas had made for me, and I titled it Songs That Remind Me of Him, before sending it to him. It's not as good as the one he made, but I have been adding multiple songs to it every day when I come across them.

The past few days, Lucas drove over to my house where we spent almost all of our spare time together hanging out and making out on the sectional in the bonus room when our teasing of each other about anything and everything got to be too much. We watched more Smallville, getting almost halfway through season two by Wednesday night, the last time we saw each other in person since he flew out yesterday afternoon.

Lucas [06/05/2020 2:08 PM]: OMW to come get you! (:

Kaylin [06/05/2020 2:09 PM]: Perfect! (: <3

"Lucas is on his way over," I tell my mom who is standing next to me in the office of the barn I'm dressed in my black sleeveless skater mid-thigh length dress which has a double strapped high square neckline, cut-in shoulders, a zip-up back and a seamed waistline I paired with my fuchsia pair of faux-suede block heels with ankle straps, three-and-three-quarter inch heels and straps across the round open toes. My hair's up in a purposefully messy bun with some pieces out to frame my face, exposing my silver tapered bar earrings. I have my ultra-oversized polished black square sunglasses that have dark smoke lenses resting on the top of my head, my prairie pink envelope crossbody bag with a snap closure and a partial chain link shoulder strap is on my right shoulder.

Here at Belmont Park, especially during the Belmont Park Racing Festival weekend, the racing world shows off their take on New York elegance. The fans, owners and other connections tend to wear monochrome, or solid black or white outfits that might have a subtle print, and a possible pop of color in their accessories while men have to wear long sleeve collared shirts and pants as Belmont Park doesn't allow men to wear short sleeve tops or shorts. Belmont Park is also one of the best tracks in the country to wear proper heels at since it has level walkways while the grass areas for spectators are padded so heels won't sink into it.