Chapter 14

"Have a good day, I'll see you girls later," my mom voices to both Aubrey and I Tuesday morning a couple of days later while I grab my prairie pink ombre backpack with a top handle and a front pocket off of the floor of her Tahoe

My mom drove us over to school this morning because Kimberly's last day of school was on Friday while her graduation is on Thursday and today is the first final day for the rest of the student body.

"Thanks mom," I chuckle, swinging my door open to climb out. I'm dressed in my jade heathered short sleeve, mid-thigh length t-shirt dress which has a round neckline and a flowy tiered skirt which I have paired with my taupe pair of espadrille wedges with ankle straps, two thick straps at the toes, three-inch esparto rope demi heels, two-inch platforms and round open toes. I have my oversized polished ultra violet round sunglasses with gray lenses propped in front of my straightened high ponytail, showing off my silver teardrop hoops that widen at the bottom.

"Thanks, see you later Tammy," Aubrey smiles, climbing out with me from the back seat. She's wearing her mauve that has an allover daisy print cap sleeve mid-thigh length dress with a surplice neckline that cascades into a ruffle flounce trim which wraps around the front to the back, a smocked waistline and a flowy skirt that she has paired with her beige strappy slingback wedges with four-and-a-quarter inch cork heels, one-inch platforms and round open toes. She also has her cognac backpack on her right shoulder while her black polished oversized square sunglasses with gray lenses are covering up her eyes. Her hair's curled and pulled a half-up half-down style, allowing her silver open hammered diamond drop earrings poke through.

"Bye mom," I voice with a small smile before closing the door of the SUV to walk away.

"I'm nervous about today, I don't know if I'm ready for my dance final," she tells me while we walk away from the Tahoe.

"You've got this Aubs. You've loved dance for years; you'll kill it today."

"What if I trip and I literally fall on my face?"

"You're not going to fall on your face. You showed us the dance last week, and it was awesome," I say, looking for Lucas, only to spot him underneath a tree along the far side of the building closer to the front of the campus, away from most of the students walking to the school. "I'll see you in a little bit," I tell Aubrey as we get closer to Lucas. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, go kiss your boyfriend," she teases me before she walks past Lucas, waving at him. 

"Hey babe," he greets me as he returns Aubrey's wave. He is dressed in his dark teal short sleeve t-shirt that has a crew neckline he has paired with his faded dark blue washed pair of low-rise relaxed straight denim jeans which have whiskering details. He also has on his go-to cowboy boots and his gray cap with a black Ariat seal and black mesh snapback.

"Mm, babe, I like the sound of that," I smile at him, leaning in for a kiss.

"Better than my girl?" he asks before returning the kiss.