Chapter 3

"Kim, honestly, why do you have to hog the counter," I complain Friday morning, a few days later while we are getting ready in our shared bathroom

"Kim, honestly, why do you have to hog the counter," I complain Friday morning, a few days later while we are getting ready in our shared bathroom. I'm wearing my subtle blush knit three-quarter sleeve top which has a round neckline, lattice detailing along the sleeves and a rounded hemline I've paired with my ultra-light blue washed pair of high-rise ankle skinny denim jeans. I have straightened my hair and left it down, but I still have to do the rest of my makeup routine which I tend to keep simple with minimal face makeup and two or three shades of brown eyeshadow and black mascara to make my eyes pop.

"Oh stop whining, I'll be done in like two fucking seconds," Kimberly snaps.

"You said the same thing ten minutes ago!"

"See, I'm done, so shut it," she huffs as she picks up her makeup kit so she can place it under her sink. "Now hurry it up, I will not be late because of you."

"Whatever," I murmur once she's gone.

"Kayl?" Aubrey calls as she enters the house after doing her famous triple knock she has been doing for years now.

"Hi Aubs, I'll be down in just a second," I shout back.

"Let's go!" Kim hollers, cutting off Aubrey's response. "I have better things I'd rather be doing than waiting on a pair of fifteen-year-olds!"

"I'm coming!" I yell while I grab my white Samsung Galaxy S10+ that has a white and rose gold marble silicone case off of the counter top and leave the bathroom to go into my bedroom. I slide on my silver pair of tapered bar earrings before I slip my feet inside of my brown pair of strappy braided back zip-up sandals with crossed toe-bands. I grab my sleek metal rose gold cat eye sunglasses which have wine gradient lenses and slide my backpack onto my right shoulder to walk out of my room, closing my door behind me.

"If you don't get your ass down here, you'll have to find your own way to school!"

"I'm coming!" I yell again, not even bothering to hide the annoyance in my voice.

"Who peed in her cheerios this morning?" Aubrey asks as I reach the last few steps of our stairs, dressed in her dutch blue short sleeve double tiered button-up blouse with a square neckline that has a small strip of sheer lace underneath it that she's paired with her light blue washed denim mini skirt with a raw hemline. Her feet have been slipped into her light brown leather pair of sandals which have quarter ankle straps and t-straps while she has her backpack on her shoulders. She has her black polished oversized round sunglasses with dark smoke lenses covering up her eyes, her silver filigree disc drop earrings peeking through her strands as she runs her hand through her also down and straight hair.

"I have no idea, but let's go," I reply, walking past her to go to the garage.

"Let's go," Kim says from where she is impatiently waiting for us in her 2017 shadow gray metallic Chevrolet LT Malibu sedan.