Chapter 20

It has been more than twenty-four hours since I have seen or spoken to Lucas

It has been more than twenty-four hours since I have seen or spoken to Lucas. It has been more than twenty-four hours since our fight...during which I broke up with him. I can't be that surprised. I ended things with him. I had also shut off notifications from him on everything. Phone calls, text messages, video calls, all my socials. I didn't want to hear from him last night.

I was so hurt, even though I wasn't innocent in our fight or break up either. I had said some harsh things too. I practically accused him of cheating on me. That's what really made him snap, right before he threw sex back in my face. 

That's why I broke up with him.

He knew how I felt about sex and he spoke those words so carelessly towards me, knowing it would fucking hurt me. 

By the time my mom and I got home after a mostly silent car ride other than the music playing from the radio last night, I headed upstairs to get ready for bed despite the fact that it was only a little after 6:30 p.m. where I grabbed my earbuds and pushed them into my ears. I needed space and time. I wanted to put on some of my favorite songs and just be by myself. 

The girls and I had indulged in more junk food than was necessary and they sang and danced their little hearts content around the kitchen, cracking the guys up while also trying to cheer me up some while we waited for my mom. The four of us shared a group hug before I left and it took all I had in me not to break down then and there in front of them. 

I switched on Do Not Disturb on my phone when I got home as well, wanting to be left alone for the rest of the night. I turned up the volume of my music, allowing the bass to blast my eardrums to pieces as I got ready for bed. 

I ended up crying once safely tucked into bed, but I didn't cry myself to sleep. No, that didn't come so easily despite being so mentally exhausted from the day. I tossed and turned almost all night long, only getting a few hours before my alarm for the morning workouts woke me up.

My friends have been good at respecting my space though so I haven't heard much from them. I had messaged them before going to bed that I was okay, only to put my phone back on Do Not Disturb. I did turn it back on this morning though, but even then, I have hardly been on it. Trading a few messages here and there throughout the day with the girls so they would know I was still alive.

I'm currently curled up under the covers, with Roxy cuddled next to me, reading "American Pharoah: The Untold Story of the Triple Crown Winner's Legendary Rise'' by Joe Drape. Yes, I know I'm reading a horse racing book, sue me. I just didn't feel like reading a book from my selection of Young Adult books given the main topic they all share...romance. I'm dressed in my gray elbow length sleeve relaxed boxy slightly cropped t-shirt with a round neckline and an upward curved hemline in the front to flash some skin and the matching shorts with a drawstring waistband and scalloped side hemlines while my hair is up in a messy bun.

I haven't really left my bedroom much today outside of the morning workouts that didn't take long, which for once I loved, and using the bathroom, but I need to pee again.