Chapter 21

Eight days later, it's still relatively early on Friday morning and I'm heading back up to my house from the training barns since I had helped with the morning workouts

Eight days later, it's still relatively early on Friday morning and I'm heading back up to my house from the training barns since I had helped with the morning workouts. I need to grab something quick to eat and change out of my riding clothes and into workout clothes since Lucas is coming to pick me up so we can go work out together.

The past week has been better than ever. Lucas and I fell right back into our relationship with ease and we've been stronger than ever since he surprised me at my house and we worked things out. We started working out together in some form every day since Monday and we're only going to do week days for the most part because we'll be traveling a lot over the weekends, so we might even miss some Fridays. It was kind of weird, but fun working out with Lucas because I've done much outside of running and using some light weights here and there, but I knew on Monday, that wasn't going to be this.

Lucas had gotten some old play books from the varsity football coach, Coach Day, to teach me how to read and run plays with him. He's been coming to get me from my house since I can't drive myself over yet and taking us back to his house where we rotate between using the home gym in the garage as well as an empty paddock to run plays since the backyard isn't big enough, using cones as markers for the yard lines and endzones.

I still have a lot to learn about the game, but Lucas did teach me how to read plays and properly throw the ball and I'm not bad, although he still puts me to shame with ease. I don't have the distance or a perfect spiral every time I throw to him, but it's good enough for now. It's safe to say when I threw my first decent spiral and he caught it from a decently far distance, he bolted back to me from across the paddock and gave me a big fat kiss.

I talked to the girls the day after Lucas and I got back together and filled them in on what had happened, starting with Aubrey's party. I obviously left out details that weren't mine to share about Lucas's past, and just left it at that we had fought about Nichole, sex, and my insecurities. They were happy for me, as long as I was truly happy being back together with Lucas, and that they were ready to kick his ass if he ever hurt me again. I asked them to be more careful about bringing up Nichole and Jesse. I know his past and he knows mine, so we didn't need to be constantly reminded about them.

Despite being out of school until August, there was already the possible tension with Jesse from Lucas punching him, meanwhile, Nichole was probably wasting her time figuring out how to get together with Lucas.

The girls had all apologized if they overstepped and promised to not bring the two of them up in casual passing like they had been.

Aubrey had also caved and exposed herself as being Lucas's little helper after he had messaged her the same night as her birthday. She said he apologized for ruining her party before asking if she would be willing to help him out, in the form of relaying my favorite Starbucks order. She also chuckled before saying she'd given him some choice words of her own, closing against filling me in on what exactly she said, only to turn around and share my order with him.