Chapter 11

Tuesday morning, I'm back down in Lexington climbing out of Kimberly's sedan at Henry Clay with Aubrey when I catch Lucas walking through the parking lot towards the building from the far end of the row my sister parked in

It was weird being at school yesterday and not seeing him since that was a first for us over the past couple weeks, and even with us having talked almost all day yesterday despite not seeing each other, I'm happy to see him back at school today.

"Hey, I'll meet with you inside, okay?" I ask Aubrey while I swing my blush backpack onto my right shoulder. I'm dressed in my mint butterfly cap sleeve top that has an all over subtle tonal striped pattern with a round neckline, shirring at the bust and back and ruffle sides white mid-rise, a-line mini skirt that has a slightly frayed hemline. I slid my feet into my cream pair of espadrille wedges which has front zippers, ankle straps, straps across the middle of the shoe, three-and-three-quarter inch esparto rope wrapped heels and straps across the open round toes while my sleek oversized polished black round sunglasses with gray mirror lenses are shielding my eyes from the early May sunshine. I curled my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail, exposing my silver drop earrings that have an intricate pattern of interlocked droplets.

"Why? Oh, I spy Lucas" Aubrey chuckles before she keeps on walking. She's wearing her white short sleeve romper with a scalloped v-neckline and a self-tie drawstring at the waistline she has paired with her taupe pair of espadrille wedges with ankle straps, double front straps and four-inch esparto rope wedge heels. Her cognac backpack with whipstitch details is resting on her left shoulder while she has her eyes hiding behind her matte black metal aviator sunglasses with gray lenses. Her hair's up in a low side French braid, showing off her silver filigree disc drop earrings.

"Oh, shut up," I sass her, watching her continue to walk away. "Hey, Lucas, wait up!" I call out to him as I start to head in his direction while he seems distracted by something on his cell phone.

"Oh, hey," Lucas speaks while he turns to see me catching up to him. He's dressed in his gray short sleeve t-shirt which has a v-neckline, his very dark blue washed pair of low-rise original-fit denim jeans and his everyday brown cowboy boots. "I was just in the middle of texting you," he adds with a smile as I stop in front of him.

"Oh, you were, were you?" I ask while we lean closer to each other to share a chaste kiss.

"Yes, I was," he replies with a smile after pulling away.

"Awe, I'm special," I tease him as I hook our pinkies together before we begin to walk towards the school.

"Hey, Lucas man, wait up!" I hear someone shout from behind us and I swear I catch a flash of annoyance in Lucas's eyes while we turn around, only to find that Brody is heading over in our direction.

"What do you want?" Lucas huffs, slipping his whole hand into mine, interlocking our fingers before giving me a reassuring squeeze as his best friends stops in front of us.