Chapter 1

Lucy pov
__________

I'm sitting in a corner of my apartment, have been for two days. I haven't slept well and have barely eaten. It should bother me, but it doesn't. I don't know what to do with myself right now. Every time I try to do something, it reminds me of Aquarius, or natsu. Heck it might remind me of fairytail over all.

Suddenly, loke came in front of me.

"Lucy, you can't keep doing this to yourself. You're going to destroy yourself!"

"I don't care." I left it at that. Loke walked away from me and came back with a muffin.

"At least eat this." I looked straight at him and took the muffin it of his hand. If it took this to get him to leave me alone, then I'll do it. I don't want my spirits to see me like this.

I took a few bites of my muffin before putting it down on the ground. "I'm full." I lied.

"At least you're eating something." With that, loke disappeared back to the spirit world.

I need work. If I don't pay my landlady then I'll get kicked out. I felt that pain when I came back from s-class tests. Maybe I can explain the situation to my landlady and she'll give me this month off, very unlikely.

I sighed and finally got up to shower. I didn't smell very good and if I ever get a guest then I should probably smell decent.

Yukino pov
____________

I was walking into the guild, filled with chatter as always. I took a seat as I normally did and minded my business, then rogue came over to me. He's a nice person, but he doesn't talk much, so I wonder what he wants to talk about.

"Hey yukino." He said while sitting down.

"Hi rogue. Any new things happen after I left last night?" He shook his head and we sat in a comfortable silence.

I heard someone talking not to far away from me. They mentioned something about fairytail, so I made sure to listen carefully.

"Did you hear about fairytail? They were disbanded." The color drained from my face, but I kept listening.

"It's kinda sad if I'm being honest. I know they were our rival and all, but I can't imagine how hard it is to loose a guild." If what they were saying is true, then I need to go see Lucy right away.

I quickly stood up and walked out of the guild to my apartment. I packed quickly then headed to the train station.

The ride to magnolia wasn't to terribly long, but it was about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Mainly because of the stops in-between.

I made my way to Lucy's apartment and knocked on the door. I'd been meaning to visit her when I found out about Aquarius, but I hadn't had the time. I probably worried my guildmates by leaving so quickly.

Lucy didn't answer. I knocked again. Since the door was unlocked I decided to see if she was inside.

I walked in and immediately saw Lucy. She was sitting in front of her bed with her head on her knees.

"LUCY!" I ran over to her and made sure she was okay. She lost some weight since the last time I saw her.

I saw a muffin setting in the corner of her room, partially eaten. Then I knew what was going on.

"Lucy. It's me, yukino."

She lifted her head and looked at me. Here eyes had never looked so empty.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me quietly.

"I heard about fairytail and came as soon as I could. Are you okay?" I asked her, 90% sure that she was going to lie to me about it.

"She's barely moved and eaten in the past two days." I heard a voice behind me. I turned and saw Leo, standing there.

"Thanks for checking on her yukino."

"Of course. I was meaning to come over here anyway." I smiled at him and turned back to Lucy. Her hair was wet. She probably took a bath.

"Lucy, can you stand up?"

She moved my arms off her. "Get your hands off me." I gasped a bit at Lucy's bitter tone. "Lucy what's going on?" Lucy stood up quickly. And she backed away from me the best she could. "Get away from me!" She looked tired, and lonely. I wish I was able to help take that pain away from her.

I looked at her hand, and saw that she still had the guild mark.

"Lucy, if it isn't too much to ask," I paused, not sure how she was going to react. She hummed, letting me know to continue.

"I want you to come with me to sabertooth. You don't have to go right away. It's just a thought."

Lucy's eyes widened. She looked offended. And her eyes finally showed an emotion, anger.

"What kind of idea is that? Get out of my apartment!" She yelled. I was really worried. I don't remember her ever yelling at people she cared about.

Lucy pov
____________

Go to sabertooth? I couldn't. Fairytail was done a few weeks ago, but I would still feel guilty to leave even after Natsu left me. Besides, I have memories in my apartment, ones with Erza, Gray, Wendy, Levy, and even Cana. If fairytail was ever going to come back, I wouldn't be there for it, but that thought is in false hope.

I'll don't think I'll have the ability to move on. I trusted that guild with my life. Just for them to leave me behind like dirt. I was angry. I didn't think I could trust people in guilds. Everyone leaves me behind. I didn't want to risk hurting myself even more.

Yukino digged through one of her bags and gave me a pin. It was in the shape of a key. I looked a little closer and saw that it was a replica of Aquarius' key. I felt tears form at the edge of my eyes.

"I know about what happened in Tartarus. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner."

As much as I didn't want to, I couldn't help it. I hugged yukino tightly, feeling my tears pour down my face. I broke.

"Now go on and tell me what causing you all this pain. Start from the beginning."

Sting pov
___________

Paper work.

That's all I've had to do for the past week.

Since I became the guild master of sabertooth, I didn't realize how irritating it is to get the magic council stuck in your ass. So now I'm trying to keep everything ahead of schedule so that I don't have to worry about it again. I could ask yukino for help, she's good with things like this.

"ROGUE." I waited for rogue to come in. I must've intrupted him at a bad time, he seemed irritated.

"Do you know where yukino is?" I asked him. He shook his head no.

"If you find her, let me know. I was hoping she could help with this paperwork." Rogue arched his eyebrow at me.

"Don't you mean, have her do it for you?" He asked me, slightly joking.

"No, I'm just bad at this kind of stuff." I put my last paper down. There was another small stack of papers, but I decided to go on a break.

"I saw yukino earlier, but she left quickly when we overheard something about fairytail. I'm not sure what it was about though, I didn't pay attention to it." It got my mind racing. Maybe something went wrong with fairytail, or their having trouble with another dark guild. They seem to have a lot of problems when it comes to those.

"Hey rogue, you don't think anything's wrong with fairytail do you?" Rogue shrugged. "I wish I could say. Maybe a dark guild?" I shrugged my shoulders. "that's what I was also thinking. But what if it's something worse?" Rogue only closed his eyes, thinking.

"Only time will tell." I nodded. "Fro thinks so too!" I laughed a bit.

𝗢𝗠𝗚, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗶 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀. 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆! 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻.