Chapter 28

'She did what she had to, to protect her people. Even if it would cost her her life, she needed to do it. Zelda and link wished that there was another option, but Zelda refused to wait any longer, risking more innocent lives.

"I love you, link" she said as her body started to disintegrate. Link, not wanting to watch this horrible fate, tried to grab Zelda. He thought that maybe, he could pull her out of the ritual, and take her place instead. But it was too late. Zelda had already vanished, and wouldn't be found, for a very, long time' I read as I finished the last chapter of my book.

Minerva had gotten me a new one, to replace the inappropriate one she had gotten me before. I had a tear rolling down my eye as I finished reading. If link and Zelda had more time, I was sure that link would say, 'I love you' back.

Quickly, I wiped her tears away as I heard the front door open, and put the book away when I saw sting walking in. He had one hand behind his back, and was smiling. Something was up.

He kneeled down and kissed me on the cheek before handing me a small rectangular box, with a ribbon on it.

"Happy birthday." He said before I took took the gift out of his hand. "I know it's late, but you never told me your birthday. You should've said something!" He said as I giggled, watching his guilt turned into a lecture.

"I didn't want anything for my birthday. I have everything thing I want, right here." I said as I opened the box. Inside, was a beautiful blue necklace, and a red earring. It matched stings to a T.

"Thank you! You know, I was wondering what happened to your other one." I said as I took the necklace out of the box, pointing to his earring. Sting laughed and shrugged.

"I don't think I know either." He said as he helped me put the necklace on. Once the necklace was on, I put the earring on my right ear, since sting's was on his left. I noticed a small blush on stings face and was going to say something until he kissed me on the lips. "That earring suits you." He said as he pulled away.

Finally after sitting in silence, sting stood and tilted his head towards the door. "Come on. The guilds dying to know that you're okay. I haven't told them yet." He said as I stood up. I was already dressed because I knew that we had plans that day. I just didn't know what they were.

I grabbed the red square box that was sitting on the bedside table and took it with me. It was a gift for Minerva and Yukino. Sting eyed it and gave me a confused look, to which I just smirked and continued to the door. We left and sting locked the door, making me get a little farther ahead than him.

I slowed down and let him catch up, before he grabbed my free hand so we would hold hands the rest of the way there. I leaned into his shoulder as we walked, smiling as I thought about our friends that were supposedly worried about me. I love them all so much, I'm not sure I could imagine a life without them.

We've all been through a lot. They saved me from probably killing myself. And they don't even realize it. If it weren't for them, I'd probably have a lonely funeral.

I left my thoughts alone as we approached the guild hall. The familiar doors felt somewhat different.  They had an unusual feeling. They felt friendlier.

I opened the doors to the guild, breaking my hand away from stings, and gasped when I saw the inside. Banners saying 'Happy birthday!' on them and confetti being shot into the air as I walked through the door. There was a giant stack of presents sitting in a table, with a cake next to it saying, 'Happy birthday Lucy!'. It had an aquarius symbol in the middle and I almost cried as everyone came out, surprising me with hugs and smiles.

"You guys! This is amazing!" I exclaimed as Yukino, Rogue, Minerva, Rufus, Lector, Frosch, and Orga made their way over to me. Sting leaned in as he wrapped an arm around my waist, his head right next to my ear.