Chapter 21

Lucy pov
_______

Six week passed pretty quickly. And before I knew it, the grand magic games were coming up. I looked over at sting, who was laying next to me in our bed. Lector was curled up at the foot of the bed, having a light nap.

"Is sabertooth doing the grand magic games this year?" Sting had a puzzled look on his face. I guess he forgot about it as well.

"Well as fun as that sounds, we have enough jobs coming in for us already, since fai-" he stopped talking and looked at me. I knew what he was going to say.

"Sting, you don't have to censor yourself around me about my previous guild. I'm perfectly happy being here." Sting smiled at me.

"Yes but, I know how much fairytail meant to you. And I don't want to make you sad about them not being here anymore." He protested. "Anyway, back to what I was saying. Ever since they disbanded, all their work went to us. And I don't think we can handle anymore. Our job board is already filled." I giggled. His reasoning wasn't bad.

"I suppose that's reasonable. But it seems sad to me that I only got to see what it was like one year. Would it be okay with you if I got tickets to go on the last day? Just to see what they changed?" Sting looked at me confused.

"Why would you need to ask me that? You've got your own money. Sure it'll be a few towns over, but we've got communication lacrimas so I'll be able to contact you." I smiled at sting and kissed him.

"Thanks. If you want, I could get you a ticket as well?" Sting shook his head.

"I'll let that be your thing." He smiled at me before getting up. "I have to head to the guild to get some last minute things done. You can stay here if you want. Or, you could get Yukino to help you move the rest of your stuff." I shook my head.

"I think I'll stay here and read. Minerva got me a book as a get well gift. And I haven't been able to read it yet." Sting looked shocked. I was too when Minerva gave it to me.

"What's it called?" I took it out of my bag sitting on the floor and looked at the title.

"Hidden desires." Of course at the time, I had no idea what the book was about. Sting shrugged and then left with lector, leaving me with my book.

I layed back and opened it, reading the description that was on the inside.

Alex, a girl who's halfway through college, can't stand the thought of being bossed around. But when she starts a new job at a very popular company, she has to learn to hold her tongue. Unfortunately, her boss is very irritating, and seems to like pushing her buttons. What happens when she decides to stick up for herself?

"So it seems like a romance. Minerva seems to have decent taste in books." I smiled and turned to the first page.

From the description, it seemeded like a hint of a mild take on enemies to lovers, with the main focus being a boss-employee love story. Typically this isn't a bad story to red if your into that stuff, but I prefer fantasies, something that I know can't happen in real life, yet it feels like I am a part of the story.

I ended up reading a few chapters quickly. And I really enjoyed the story. That is, until I got the chapter five. I ended up realizing how mature this story is. While I was reading it, my face turned bright red in embarrassment.

I have a strange feeling that Minerva did this on purpose.

It was in this moment that sting and lector came back, and immediately saw my face. He took his shoes off before walking over to me, concerned.

"Lucy, what's with your face?" He said while sitting down next to me. I shakily showed sting the book page and he read it, before his face turned the same shade as mine.