Chapter 8

Lucy pov
__________

I could hardly stay calm when sting was right by my face. Once I turned away I made sure that I would keep my cool. I don't know about my feelings, and I think I'll take this chance to know for sure. I'd rather figure it out early on before I just convince myself that I like him.

I decided to distract myself by talking to Rufus. He's really nice, and helpful if I don't understand things about the guild. Eventually sting left to talk to rogue, and Yukino came in to join the group.

"Lucy I didn't ask earlier, how was your-" she stopped, and looked confused. "That's weird, I forgot what I was going to ask you." We shrugged it off and went back to what we were doing. Rogue came by and started asking me about my spirits. Thing's like their abilities and how I got them under contract. Somewhere during the conversation yukino went somewhere else.

"Oh Lucy, you're back!" It was Via.

"Hey Via. I couldn't find what you were looking for so you can come by later and see if you can find it." She shook her head.

"It's fine. I don't need it. Besides, I can always get a knew one." She smiled, assuring me the it was okay. I secretly panicked about not finding what she left. But I relaxed as she sat down next to me. "So what were you guys talking about before I interuppted. I'm sorry about that."

"Oh it's no problem. I was just answering some of rogues questions about my spirits. Right now I'm talking about their abilities and how not all the spirits are made specially for battle. But as I was explaining before, spirits like Aries aren't meant for battle when it comes to fighting. But her power comes in handy when I need to protect myself from an attack." She nodded, completely understanding the importance of each spirit. I went on to explain how Virgo is useful in battle as well.

I eventually mentioned star dresses, which even Rufus had never heard of. Via seemed the most interested. She had soo many questions about the abilities the dresses came with. I had gotten so distracted, that by the time I was done explaining everything, sting had come down to have lunch with me.

"Lucy, you ready to go?" I jumped. Looking at a clock I realized it was 12:15.

"Oh yeah. I must've lost track of time." I stood up and turned towards sting and smiled, then I quickly said goodbye to everyone else.

I walked with sting to a cafe and we ate some food that was almost as good as Mira's. We had a good conversation as sting talked about his childhood. He told me all about his dragon and how much he missed him. I saw a little bit of natsu in him, but now isn't the time to be thinking about natsu. He's gone.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?"

_________
Sting pov
___________

Now my chance. We walked over to a bridge above a lake and looked over the edge. I had only now realized what Lucy was wearing. She was wearing a similar outfit to what she wore the first day of the Grand magic games. But her skirt was a tiny bit longer and her shirt was white with yellow accents and there was no fairytail symbol.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" Lucy looked over at me and I felt my heart beat quicker.

I fully turned to her and tried to figure out how to figure out my feelings.

"I want to ask you about something. But I'm not sure how you'll react when I ask. And I wanted to get to know you better. Like fights you've been in and how you overpower your enemy." She looked worried. But then it looked like she calmed herself down when I got the the second part of my sentence.

"I think I'll tell you a little more about me. Maybe it'll change your question." I nodded and waited for her to talk. What she said was true. She was going to tell me about herself. This could make or break my feelings about her.