Chapter 14

(Dress Lucy wearing up above)

_________________
Sting pov
___________

The man from before welcomed us back into his mansion. He went through certain spots that Christopher could sneak into. Then he showed us where most people would be at. It was the most magical ballroom I've ever been in, I haven't been in many, but still. It was gorgeous.

"I'll let you hide back here until some more guests arrive. It shouldn't be long." He had us hide in a room a few feet away from the ballroom.

We, like he said, didn't have to wait long. People got there quickly. And then i was our que.(idk how tf you spell it)

We made our way to the entrance of the room and spun into the crowd of people. Unfortunately, I had no idea what to do. Lucy could sense my feeling of worry.

"Just follow my lead." She whispered before leading me to a group of people around our age. She didn't say anything, she just stood near until they noticed we were there. They looked us up and down before one of them spoke.

"Excuse me, you both look familiar. Is there any way we might've met in the past?" Me and Lucy looked at each other. Neither of us recognized the woman in front of us. Before we realized that she recognized us from our guilds.

"I believe you might recognize us from our jobs. We're both in guilds. Lucy here used to be in fairytail. I'm the sabertooth guild master." The ladies eyes showed realization.

"Oh my- it's an honor to be in your presence. B-both of you." Me and Lucy both smiled politely.

"If I may ask, why are you two together? You're from different guilds aren't you?" I looked at Lucy to make sure she was okay answering. She nodded, letting me know it was okay.

"Actually, we're from the same guild now. Fairytail disbanded and we took Lucy in." The older woman covered her mouth in shock.

"I'm so terribly sorry. I shouldn't have asked." Lucy smiled.

"Oh no. You're okay. And that's not the only reason we're here together." The lady looked at us confusedly. I couldn't help but grab Lucy's hand and bring it to to my face before kissing it. I saw Lucy blush and I put her hand back down to our sides. The woman had no idea what to say, based off the way we reacted.

She quickly smiled at us before quickly walking off to talk to someone else. The other people there had already walked off, seeming that the conversation was boring to them.

Lucy burst out laughing and I laughed with her. I had never seen her laugh as hard as I did that night. It was one of the biggest smiles I had seen from her. She quickly calmed herself when she noticed people staring to look. We then split up, looking to see if the man of the description we got was there.

I noticed him in the center of the room and I managed to get Lucy's attention by quickly walking to the man. She saw him as well and started for him.

"Excuse me sir?" I said as I reached him. Her had a smug look on his face when he turned around. I only smiled politely.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." The man laughed obnoxiously before looking me up and down.

"Haha! And who are you? Surely I'm on the guest list. I've never been taken off." Lucy finally made her way over.

"Unfortunately sir we have been told that you aren't allowed in the party. If you could please follow us we'll walk you out." The man's smirk quickly dropped. He started talking loudly.

"This has to be a joke right? There is no reason that I'm not on the guest list. And until you can prove to me that you were hired, I'm not leaving. I will stay right here, enjoying myself." Me and Lucy looked at each other and smirked.