chapter 19

Lucy pov
_________

A few days after the incident, I was able to go back home. I'm going to be honest, I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't even know if I wanted kids. I didn't know if sting wanted them either. When she told me what happened, I felt horrible. I had done that, and it's not my fault? But I should've seen the signs. If I hadn't been reckless, this wouldn't have happened.

"Lucy." Yukino snapped me back into reality by handing me a smoothie. "It's your favorite." She gave me a weak smile.

"I'm not feeling it right now. Thanks though." Yukino huffed out and set the smoothie down on the coffee table next to me seat.

"Lucy, you know I hate it when you do this. You're not taking care for yourself properly." It was true. I felt lost. My and sting hadn't really talked. We had both been distant, grieving in our own ways. I couldn't help but feel as if he was upset with me.

"Yukino, I'm just tired. I'll eat later." Yukino shook her head.

"That's what you said last time. And the time before that. And the time before that. And-"

"Yukino, I get it." I stood up from my seat and went to my room. I felt bad for leaving her like that, but she was only making me feel worse.

I sat down on my bed and pulled my knees to my chest. I layed my chin on my knees and just sat there. I didn't say anything, I didn't fall asleep, I just sat alone with my thoughts. I didn't even notice time pass by until someone knocked on my door.

"Lucy." I didn't answer. "Lucy, it's me, Sting. Can I please come in." I didn't answer him again."I'm coming in." I saw the doorknob then and the door creak open. Stings head popped through.

I watched as he walked over to me and he sat down next to me on my bed.

"Yukino called me over." I looked up into his eyes. By the looks of it, he wasn't okay either. I felt him grab one of my hands, and bring it up to his face.

"I'm sorry I've been so distant the past few weeks. I wasn't there when you needed me the most. And that's not what I promised you." I lifted my head from my chin and watched as sting kissed my finger with the ring he gave me on it.

"I-im sorry as well." Sting met my eyes and stared at me in shock. "I took something away from you because I wasn't being responsible. I can't even imagine how you felt when you found out. I'm sorry I never came to you and apologized." Tears streamed down my face and I looked down at my legs. I didn't want him to see me like this.

"Lucy you have nothing to apologise for. I don't understand how you could-"

"Of course you don't understand sting! Put yourself in my point of view and think!" Stings eyes widened and he looked surprised at my outburst.

"Lucy, what are you talking abou-"

"You still don't get it do you? Every single time there's a problem, in the one that needs to be saved, and you're the one who does the saving! And if the problem is out of your control, it ends uni hurting you in some way! Every! Single! Time! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IT!" At this point, I stood up and was pacing around my room. The tears were unstoppable and sting was just stunned at the words coming out of my mouth. I didn't expect to have that outburst either, but it felt good to let it all out.

I quickly realized I would say something I didn't mean to if I didn't calm down, but I couldn't stop myself. And my only option was to run.

"I can't be here right now." I said while putting on my shoes. It was around noon, so I didn't need my coat or anything. I rushed out of my room before I heard sting start to follow me. Yukino was standing at the kitchen counter, making her lunch, when she saw sting chasing after me. She looked confused.