CHAPTER XVII: HUNTER

From the perspective of an outsider, Idia would not give one or two thing about Y/n or whatever is going on. He loves staying inside his room and playing with his computer. Yet, meeting Malleus is such a pain that he has to bear with if he doesn't want to be killed. To be completely honest, he knew that sly fairy would do something to gain his own benefit. This is why Idia has everything under his control. He was not affected by Malleus's spell through the contract; he was just acting like it worked, showing how skillful of a housewarden he is . On the other hand, he feels bad that Leona was fooled so easily.

Idia: He's in the kitchen.

Malleus: Keep an eye on him for me. I have something to take care of.

Technology, such an amazing invention.

Idia: I know, stop groaning.

Being under control, Leona sure doesn't talk much, but that's the best. In case you're wondering, why bother acting like a puppet when you can leave the alliance, then the only answer must be family. Yes, Idia is doing this for Ortho Shroud, his brother. Idia was contented, so there's no reason to accept such a contract, on the contrary, he wanted to do it for Ortho. He promised to give Ortho a real-life, not this machinery body but a real one.

Ortho: She looks sad, big brother.

Idia: Who?

Ortho: You-know-who, the beautiful lady that's about to get married.

Idia wants to see his brother as a real person, and with Malleus' ability, that should be easy. For some strange reason, Ortho can not remember Y/n's name or any memories he shared with her, but his feelings remain the same, he adores the girl, mostly because of her kindness.
Oh lord... How Ortho kept complaining he'd want a sister, or how Y/n would be a good friend of his. For god's sake Idia doesn't want to get married and letting his brother befriended Malleus's wife sounds just as bad. 

Back then, Ortho was all alone. There's an error in his system, which cause him to "almost" destroy the whole classroom, so he was "locked" inside a special chamber. Y/n, out of everyone, found him. Though he said he wouldn't feel sad or anything, Y/n stayed. They had a long conversation that Y/n's throat was so sore and could not continue, yet she didn't leave but stayed and waited with him from the outside of that chamber. And if Idia was right, that might be the reason why Ortho has such good impression for Y/n and that sort of "data" couldn't be erased from his memory. 

Y/n: Malleus?

Y/n didn't expect Malleus to fall asleep right before he finished whatever he was trying to do, but that's okay with her, not the fact that he laid his body entirely on her though.

Y/n: I wonder what happened.

Ortho: You look familiar... Do I know you?

Idia was pure shock. Since when did his brother enter that room. But he better leave or Malleus is not gonna show any mercy.

Y/n: Ortho? What do you mean by that?

He almost scared her to death. Imagine staying quiet in a room and a boy, out of nowhere, speaking to you.

Ortho: Y/n.....Can't remember anything related to the name Y/n.

There's a high chance Malleus did something to him, Y/n thought. She stood up, went to check on Ortho.

Y/n: Why are you here? Where is your brother?

Ortho: Big brother Idia is doing an important task given by the man over there!

There goes the plan, Idia sighed in restlessness as he looked over to Leona.

Leona: What?

Idia: Nothing...

"Well, it's best not to tell Leona."

Ortho: Putting you to sleep is quite a challenge.

Y/n noticed how Malleus just got up. Once again, Ortho surprised her.

Malleus: Why are you here? 

Y/n: You did that to him? 

Ortho: Yes, but it was just a test, I just wanted to meet this girl, turns out her name is Y/n.

Malleus: She's my wife, that's all you need to know, now go back to your brother.

Ortho: Well... goodbye, human girl named Y/n.

Idia was observing from afar, but the man next to him was losing patience. Aside from just watching the preys, isn't it better if you try hunting them down?

Author: Once again, I have updated my old chapters so it's important to read them again as the plot has changed ( just a little)