CHAPTER V: LAND OF DREAM

Y/n woke up just to see her in a strange costume along with her long hair now covering most of her face. She tried to find something to brush it, or at least keep it out of her way, luckily, there's a pair of scissors and a comb nearby on the bedside table. Y/n sat before the mirror, styled her hair in the most comfy style and walked around the house she's in just to take a good look at it. It's made out of wood, judging from the scenery, the house is nowhere near the residential area. Y/n is not hungry at the moment so she decided to take a walk outdoors. The weather was nice, sun shines, birds singing, flowers blooming beautifully. However, Y/n didn't understand why and how did she get here, everything was too realistic to be a dream.

  While wandering around the strange place, Y/n heard it again, the song which Malleus has sang before. She tried calling out for his name "Malleus?"

?: Who's there?

    A voice echoed to her place. Probably she was right, it could be him. The closer she gets to the singing voice, the more the terrain surrounded her shifts as if this world is getting unstable and could collapse at any moment. It wasn't Malleus but Lilia. However, he has long hair, his costume makes him look like a soldier a with a sword on his side. 

Y/n: I'm sorry to interrupt, could you be.. Lilia Vanrouge? 

Lilia: It is I. How may I help you?

Y/n: Do you perhaps.. know the way out?

Lilia: You mean out of the woods?

Y/n: I mean... from this world... I'm not from here. Ugh.. I can't even explain it properly...

 Lilia remained silence for a few seconds as he was thinking of something, he then nodded his head and motioned Y/n to follow him. They entered an abandoned castle surrounded with fences covered in thorns and shrub roses. This place looks mesmerizing, yet menacing, unlike the house she stayed in a few minutes ago. The moment they walked pass the entrance, green flames risen up, surrounded Y/n, closing the only way in. 

Y/n: Where are we?

Lilia: At my place. 

Y/n backed up a little from the man.

Lilia: This is the place, you have to find your own escape. So long, for now.

 Lilia disappeared. Y/n was clueless. She reached out for the flame, luckily, it avoided burning her hand.

Y/n: Some sort of illusion? It didn't burn my hand. 

 Lilia, now at a place he just teleported to a moment before, took out his sword and slightly cut on his wrist. The blood dripping out from his wound, down to an unknown creature's egg.

Lilia: She's here. Malleus.

As if the egg is responding to the man's call and his blood, it started to from some cracks, about to hatch.

   Y/n couldn't believe in her eyes, the descendant of the fairies, Malleus Draconia is destined to be her partner. She was looking at the wall carvings. The war among the fairies and ogres sure left the fairies on the verge on extinction. They went to search for the help of the dragons. But the head of the clan didn't want to interfere in such war, so the fairies has stolen the dragon egg. Suddenly, a shadow rushed pass Y/n, made her scream for her life. She felt down her knees, trembled in absolute fear.  She can feel the presence of it right in front of her, but she doesn't dare to look. Whatever it is, it's reaching its small hand to Y/n, lifting her chin up. Y/n slowly opens her eyes.

Y/n: W-what are you? 

It doesn't say a thing. Y/n is witnessing a creature that doesn't even have a  face. At first she thought it was too dark to even see, but she was wrong. Even with the small flame in its palm which lights up the spot where they are, she still sees nothing but a pitch black where the face of one's normally be. But one thing for sure, it has horns.

???: Tell me... a story.

What does it mean... Y/n has to tell a story? Or what? She'll die? She quickly came up with one popular tale. The story's name was sleeping beauty. The story opens with the birth of a princess. She is the long wished for child, and at her christening, seven fairies are invited to be her godmothers. They are given gold plates and cups with jewels when they attend the banquet. As this is happening, an old fairy comes to the feast and is given plates of china and a crystal drinking glass. She is furious that they forgot her, believing her to be deceased. Six of the fairies give the child various gifts: beauty, grace, dance, song, wit, and goodness. The old fairy curses the child in retaliation for being forgotten. She proclaims that the child will one day prick her finger on a spinning wheel and die. The seventh fairy, who had not given her gift yet, attempts to reverse the curse, but she is only able to change part. Instead of death, the princess will fall into a deep sleep that will last for one hundred years. She will be awakened by a kiss from the son of a king. The creature interrupted the story with one question.

???: Why does it has to be the son of a king?

Y/n:  Normally, princess and prince are meant for each other.

???: Then I will be the prince...

Y/n took a few steps back from the creature, keeping a safe distance.

Y/n: You'll find your own princess soon. 

???: Why? Are you leaving this place?

Y/n didn't say a word.

???: You're going to leave me?

Y/n: I...

???: YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!

  Green flames surrounding the castle, its horns grew longer and its body started to shift too. That's when Y/n woke up, she was back at Malleus's room in Diasomnia Dorm again. Meanwhile, Malleus is nowhere to be seen, the sun is already up high. Why is no one here no wake her up, she has classes too, but it's probably too late to attend any of those. Right before Y/n stood up from the bed, she felt a terrible headache so she decided to sit down again. Malleus with a tray of foods in his hand walked into the room.

Malleus: Morning, princess.

──────────────────────────────────

 The idea to write Lilia Vanrouge in such costume comes from a fanart I saw on instagram, It belongs to @/ibarahimechan , I don't plan to upload her work here (which will be super rude to the artist and I will probably be accused as a thief~) so check it out on her account instead <3.

Updated: she has lost her account :<<<<  

Also, I made major changes in this chapter so the coming chapters will definitely be affected.