CHAPTER XIV: REPLACEMENT

Malleus: She's my wife, you have any problems with that?

Albert: No, your majesty, however..

Malleus: Silent! You said no, then what do you mean by however? Leave before I cut your head off.

Y/n hid behind a huge dragon statue in order not to be seen. Albert was one of Malleus's courtiers, he has been working for Malleus for so long, yet received no respect from him.

Malleus: Y/n, I know you're there.

Letting out a sigh, Malleus sat on his sofa. It has been days, Malleus got no sleep at all, Y/n, on the other hand, got a new friend and become as lively as ever. The maid made Y/n wears a puffy sleeves blouse with high waist long skirt, she just caused a mess in the kitchen and stole an apron that looks the same from the Victorian era. She didn't intend to combine those pieces of clothes into this, she was trying to "disguise" into someone unrecognizable, she even uses magic that she learnt from NRC classes to change her eyes color and her nose,but that didn't seem to work with Malleus. She's figuring out how to hide her scent with some experiments. As long as Y/n is with Malleus, he didn't seem to deny or stop her from what she's doing, unless it's dangerous. Y/n opened the door, grabbing a brush nearby, quickly approaching Malleus.

Y/n: Want me to brush your hair? 

Sounds like a lame excuse but Malleus easily content with what Y/n has to offer him.

Malleus: Sure, do anything you want.

Y/n: Okay.

  Y/n ran her fingers through his hair, gently brush it, it was comfy for Malleus as his eyes are getting heavy, Y/n suffered from keeping his head straight.

Y/n: You can't sleep until I finish!

       Without any warning, Malleus grabbed and kissed her hand.

Malleus: I won't.

Y/n: Say... Malleus, what were you both talking about... 

Malleus: You don't have to worry about that.

       Malleus ordered Y/n to sit next to him, which she did. Y/n put down the brush on the table. He leans his head on her shoulder.

Y/n: Malleus, tell me.

Malleus: No.

Y/n: Malleus...

Malleus: No.

Y/n: I'm not letting you hug me for free.

  A slight sign of annoyance was seen on his face as Y/n struggles to escape from his hands.

Malleus: Sit still.

Y/n: Don't want to.

 Malleus pulled her back into his arms, gave her a peck on the lips.

Y/n: Hey! You promised not to do that before!

Malleus: I know. I'll tell you what happened in return.

    Albert wasted his time by telling Malleus about the differences between human and fairy, about how their child won't obtain great magic source like a pure bred and requested Malleus to marry other female candidates so as to remain the pureblood's power.

Y/n: Well.. what he said was true.

Malleus: Don't underestimate yourself, I chose you of all people.

  Once again, he laid his head on her shoulder, Y/n can feel him slowly drifting into his dream.

Y/n: No! Malleus, wake up! I don't want my body to get sore!

No matter how Y/n tried, Malleus won't get up, she had to stand up, but with Malleus's hands holding her tightly, she couldn't move as much. After hours of dragging, Malleus is now sleeping soundly on his bed, Y/n was tired so she laid next to him.
Y/n started to wonder how her friends are doing. Judging from how happy Malleus is lately, they're probably doing well. Once she made him set them free, she'll try to fight for her own freedom.

Malleus: Don't leave me...

Y/n was surprised to hear Malleus's voice as he's supposed to sleep by now. She opened her eyes to check on Malleus. He was still sleeping. That was probably a nightmare he encountered. Y/n moved closer to him, took his hand and wrapped it around her waist, her head is now on his chest.

Y/n: Good night.

   The next morning, Malleus left. Y/n already got familiar with this, he is a king now, Y/n felt like she was nothing but his favorite puppet. Some may think that Y/n life was perfect, she got the perfect man and didn't have to do anything. They were wrong and right at a certain level. Still, Y/n wouldn't want to be in the same situation if she got to go back to the past.
   Y/n finished changing her clothes and was about to get downstairs when she heard a loud noise, a loud "bang" onto the floor like something heavy just dropped. Then another, and another, the sound only stopped when Y/n heard a female voice screaming. Y/n rushed downstairs, what she saw nearly put her on the verge of fainting.  Malleus heard her footsteps, he tried to covered her eyes from seeing the "crime scene", it was one step late. He held her in his arms.

Malleus: Lilia!

Lilia: Oya? Albert is dead?

Malleus: I'll have Silver take care of the body later.

   What Y/n heard was not the thing she expected to see in such early in the morning.

Malleus: Are you alright, love?

Y/n: I-I was worried about you... so I went down to check...

   Y/n is in the arms of the strongest fairy, the cruelest, deadliest one. This is the moment when she realized her life is in danger. She's walking on thin ice, not knowing when she'll end up like those creatures. Malleus didn't say a word, he felt sorry letting her know this side of his. He knew she wasn't familiar with all the blood and body lying all over the place, but a part of him was proud, knowing she wouldn't dare to run away from him.