CHAPTER X: SLEEPING BEAUTY {Part 2}

"After many childless years, King Stefan and Queen Leah welcome a daughter, the Princess Aurora. A holiday is proclaimed to pay homage to the princess. At her christening, Aurora is betrothed to Prince Phillip, the son of King Stefan's closest friend King Hubert, to unite their kingdom."

Fauna: Rose! She's waking up, I told you already, see? She'll be just fine.

Y/n: Where am I?

Flora: Ah... So relief, you suddenly fainted in front of us yesterday. We're at our home, dear.

Y/n: Home?

Merryweather: Why does she look so confused?

Flora: I have no idea.

    Y/n wondered who's this Rose they're talking about and who they are though they seem familiar. The last thing Y/n could remember was that she was with Malleus a few minutes ago. Three women standing around her bed kept arguing with each others about something. Y/n couldn't catch up with them. The only things that Y/n heard is their names, the woman in green is Fauna, the oldest and tallest one in the red gown is Flora and the shortest is Merryweather, now that their names are revealed, Y/n was shocked to know that she is a character in the story of sleeping beauty. Since they're calling Y/n by the name Rose, the character she's in still didn't know about her true identity yet.
   Y/n was deep in her thought when there's somebody knock on the door. Three of the fairies come out just to see a basket full of flowers at the doorstep.

Flora: Who does this belong to?

Fauna: Don't look at me.

Merryweather: Not me.

   Y/n was about to get up, a strong hand suddenly grabbed her from behind.

Malleus: It's me, don't scream.

Y/n: You!

Malleus: Let's get out before they come inside, I've prepared a gift for them all.

       Malleus looked like a child, despite his tall figure and his unreasonable actions which are also child-like, he sure has the soul of an eight years old child, proven by the way he held Y/n's hand tight while running on the green grass nearby the fairies' home. 

Y/n: By making me fell in love with you, you mean this?

Malleus: Yes.

Y/n: You think I would fell in love with you since you're prince Phillip and I'm Aurora?

Malleus: Yes?

Y/n: Gosh... I have no idea how could someone as smart, grace and noble like you would think of something like this.

Malleus: Because I love you.

Y/n:  That's... a reason, yeah. Can't deny that.

   Y/n's face redden but she managed to hid it, how could someone says the word: love so easily with such affectionate eyes. Malleus isn't a fairy in this story, he's a human, but remains a prince anyway.

Y/n: Malleus, why me of all girls out there?

Malleus: Cause you're special.

Y/n: Anyone can say that.

Malleus: You're my first love.

Y/n: That still doesn't explain my question.

Malleus: You're stubborn, an idiot and-

Y/n: Those are not compliments..

Malleus: And you are beautiful, inside and out.

   His answer surprised Y/n, since when did she ever treated him nicely, he probably just made up all of that to please her. The important part of 'The sleeping beauty' isn't when those two met, it's the part when Maleficent was defeated and the Prince woke the Princess from the deep sleep with a true love kiss. Y/n worried about it a lot, what if she doesn't wake up from Malleus's kiss, she would sleep for eternity, at this place, wouldn't she? Seeing his loved one so afraid of what was meant to happen, Malleus smiled warmly and held her cold hands.

Malleus: As long as I'm here, you'll be alright.

   The two sat there watching the sun set before returning to Aurora's secret house in the forest, neither of them know what happens next will change the whole story.