Tanjiro x reader 🖤

⚠️ Manga Spoilers ⚠️

There he was the person who helped you the most in life the one and only Tanjiro Kamado, lying on the ground covered in blood not moving a single muscle. You had collapsed on the floor and put your head on his chest listening for his heart beat you didn't hear it. You checked for a pulse you didn't feel it, you checked to see if he was breathing and you were devastated. You yelled " Zenitsu!! Inosuke!!! Giyuu!!! HE'S OVER HERE!!"They came running to you and saw his dead body with you crying and holding his hand, giyuu had made you let go of his hand and picked out up while you were moving around in his arms, kicking and making a fuss trying to get back to Tanjiro. "No please let me go giyuu!! I have to be next to his I have to help!! Please let me!" You cried loudly and giyuu yelled at you. 

" Enough!! Your being a fool! You have to go on without him!! Muzan is dying as we speak and you're here crying over him being dead!!! Enough!" You looked at him shocked and he let you go and you collapsed again and said " I promised.... I made a promise that I'd would always be by his side. In death or in life I would be there. And I broke my promise."You cried into your hands and you heard your kasugai crow fly over and yell "Caw! Shinobu Kocho is deceased, Himejima Gyomei is deceased, Uzui Tengen is alive! Caw! Mitsuri Kanroji is deceased, Obanai Iguro is deceased, Muichiro Tokito is deceased! Caw! Sanemi Shinazugawa is alive, Genya Shinazugawa is deceased, Kagaya Ubuyashiki is deceased! Caw!"

 When you heard that almost all of the hashira were dead you were dumbfounded, you stood up to look for Nezuko and see if she's still alive. Your face had darkened and when you walked past Zenitsu he heard what you were thinking ' I'm going to find Nezuko if it's the last thing I do. Almost everyone is dead now so nezuko maybe alive.' Those were your thoughts. Zenitsu was shocked he never knew that you would ever be so angry but he was proven wrong. He was worried and he had to let you go and find nezuko on your own because he knew he won't be able to stop you.

Once you found nezuko and ran back to the others with her in your arms since you discovered she can be in the sunlight, once you made it to the others you saw them standing over burial spots. You went over to all of them and saw Tanjiro's burial spot. You had decided you had to let him go so you stood with the others and prayed for their souls to be free. ' I love you Tanjiro Kamado. May you rest in peace.' You said in your head.

Word count:493