The Big Five

Chapter 5

Jack's p.o.v

As my feet touched the roof of the building where we were meeting everyone, Elsa and I encountered a sight we did not want to see.

Nightmare sand covered the roof. The guardians and the rest of The Big Five were fighting the nightmares off. Pitch. He stood tall and proud of what he was doing; he realized that he was more powerful.

Elsa's cold and delicate hand grabbed my arm and it sent shivers up my spine. I wished we could've stayed like that but we had a battle to fight.

"let's go" Elsa whispered

I nodded and used my staff to send an electrifying, exterminating amount of ice in the direction of the nightmares.

Elsa sent a staggering whirl-wind of ice at the nightmares and it froze more than half of them. Her powers were strong. Everyone did their best to stab all the ice covered nightmares with their swords before the ice melted and the nightmares were free again.

I looked at Pitch's facial expression. He knew that he had been defeated.

"It's not over yet!" Pitch shouted and he struck a nightmare at Hiccups head and knocked him out.

Before anyone could stop him, he grabbed Hiccup and started to fly away.

I knew I had to do something fast, so I did the same thing as when Pitch took Sandy two years ago.

I flew as fat as I could, zooming through the air at terrifying speed, in the direction of Pitch. Dodging any nightmares that came in my way, I finally came close to Pitch and just when I was going to grab Hiccup, Pitch shot a nightmare at my chest that made me fall back to the ground.

I winced and prepared myself for the pain I was about to inflict when I would violently hit the ground.

My body battered against the ground

Ouch

"Are you okay?" Rapunzel asked

"I'm fine. We need to go look for Hiccup, he could be hurt" I stated

"No we can't Jack, everyone is weak from fighting at the minute and we all need to sleep. We will go look for Hiccup first thing in the morning." North said sternly

I disagreed but there was no point arguing with North. Once he had made his mind up, there was no changing it.

I was in the worst mood ever on the way home. I sat at the back of the sleigh again on my own. I was so annoyed at myself; Hiccup could be hurt or even worse...dead. Hiccup was a good guy and I could've saved him but I didn't. I was so close to grabbing him off Pitch but I just wasn't good enough.

Rapunzel's p.o.v

We had just arrived back to the North Pole. Today had been very, very eventful. It had been my first day beyond my tower walls and it just didn't seem real to me. I did meet loads of nice people though.

Everybody was really bummed out and worried about Hiccup, especially Jack and Merida. Hiccup and Merida were always talking to each other on the sleigh. Hiccup was such a sweet guy and everyone was worried for him.

"I have transported anything that you will need for the night from your own homes, toothbrush, pajamas etc. Yous will all be staying here for the night. There are 7 spare rooms so yous can all have a room to yourselves. We will be leaving at 9am sharp to look for Hiccup. Night everyone." Said North

The rest of the guardians went to bed also, so that left Merida, Jack, Elsa and myself.

Jack didn't say a word; he just walked into a nearby room and slammed the door shut.