Chapter 34: 'Time is a very fickle thing'

"Yes. I've known all of you since your very begining."

"My precious baby! You have returned." Kitsune turned around, a glistening light shining in her eyes.

"Auntie Kat!" Kitsune hugged the taller woman.

"Oh baby, I'm so glad you're home. Are these them? Your soulmates?"

"Yes, they are. But Auntie, we've got a really big problem!" Kitsune informed her.

"Reynar. I know, I've heard. Let's get you and the boys inside."

"Please follow me. You've showed me your home. Let me show you mine." Kitsune announced. "By the way, this is Aunt Katalia. Most people call her Kat. She's my father's older sister, who stayed here in Magix. She's a phoenix as well."

"So how are you a... Winged Kitsune? I'm... A little confused."

"Every reincarnation of Alitalia Malum was a winged Kitsune. A Flying fox. My grandparents are actual kitsunes. Grandma Kya and Grandpa Kotori-"

"Speaking of which... You need to continue your classes Missy." Kitsune frowned.

"But Daddy said-"

"No arguing Kitsuna. You're a princess. And now that the boys are here... They will join you."

'Wait What?!' "You're an actual princess?!" Hoseok asked, his eyes wide in shock.

"Um.. Yes?" Kitsune blushed a deep pink.

"Eomma!" Jing and Meng ran out of the palace doors and into Kitsune's arms.

"And since you are little Kitsuna's soulmates, that makes you by soulmate law, a prince of Magix." Jungkook's eyes widened

"Really Noona?!" Kitsune chuckled.

"But of course. Which also means you have to listen to all the boring lectures. Auntie I'm almost 200 years old!"

"And you were 47 when you and your parents left. Right in the middle of your training."

"200?! 47?! Kitsune how old are you?" Jin and Namjoon asked as they all entered the palace doors.

"19 in human years, 194 in Magix.  That's one of the first things we learn. Time works differently in Magix than it does in the human world."

"I...  I see."

"Phoenix Katalia, Princess Kitsune hasn't finished mating with her soulmates..." Kitsune blushed a deep red, and hid her face in her hands.

"Minsu!"

"Kitsune you have to finish the soulmating!"

"But Jungkook is only 13, almost 14! In our years around 140, barely old enough to survive an intense mating. Why now?!"

"Because if you don't Reynar will kill him first." All was dead quiet.

"What?" Katalia sighed.

"I knew I should have warned you! You know how Reynar is... Obsesed with you?" Kwon snorted.

"That's putting it mildly, don't you think?"

"The point, as we just found out,  he's secretly working with Du Tai."

"FUCK!" Kitsune shouted, her fox tail multiplying and burning with her signature blue magic fire. "How am I supposed to keep my soulmates safe if I'm constantly unknowingly putting them in danger?!"

"Language Kitsune!"

"Kita..." Taehyung called to his soulmate. "We'll be ok."

"You said time passes differently here,  right?" Namjoon questioned.

"Yes, that is correct. Why?" Kitsune answered, her now blue eyes tearing up in fear for those she loved most dearly.

"Do we have enough time to teach us how to use these powers? You don't have to be alone anymore." Jin took her trembling hand in his.

"We love you Kitsune. We always have,  whether we knew you were our soulmate or not."