Chapter 36: Not everything is as it seems.

Kitsune woke up groggy, as she felt her soulmate bond strengthened from... Earlier activities. She could feel that one of her soulmates was awake.

"Evening Tae. You're the first awake. How... How do you feel?" Taehyung sat up,  and instantly sneezed.

"Achoo!

...I'm OK. I think. What's that smell?" Kitsune blinked once.

"Dinner. You've got heightened senses. Can you hear anything? Outside our bedroom?"

"No..."

"I can... Jing and Meng are arguing about something with your aunt...I'm not sure what but... How is that possible?" Jimin asked bewildered as he awoke. He looked to Jungkook, and his eyes widened. "Oh my... Taehyung look!" He pointed to the maknae's head. Two dark fox ears twitched once more at his voice.

"Jungkook!  Jungkookie wake up!" The ears twitched again more violently. Kitsune gently rubbed his back.

"Kookie wake up please You want dinner right?" The youngest member sat up immediately.

"OK." He looked up to meet the eyes of Jimin and Taehyung.

"You guys have ears... and a tail!?"

"So do you!"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

(Jungkook's Pov.)

"What?!" I reached up my hands, and felt my fuzzy appendages. "Noona, am I ok?" She chuckled at me.

"Of course Kookie. It just means you survived... I'm so glad you made it!" Her warm tears spill down.

"Don't be sad Noona!" I hug her tight. "I'd never leave you. Your always there for me."

"Can we go get dinner?"

"Oh of course!" She walks towards a closet door.

"Um, Noona?" Kitsune opened the door and turned around.

"Yes?"

"Where are you going?" She chuckles as she comes back to me, and the moment her hands touch mine I suddenly feel a little light headed.

"Secret passageway. Come on!" She drags me with her and I scream as we plunge into the darkness.

"NOONA!"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

(Jing's Pov. *Surprise!*)

I glared at the woman who was supposed to be our Aunt.

"You can't just throw our Appas in there!"

"I want Eomma!" My brother cried out as he looks at me. His hold tightens. Mother would never allow this. Something is wrong. I don't know what, but I can sense it.

"They're not your 'Appas' and Kitsune isn't your Eomma." The mean woman scolded us. I stood firmly with my eyes narrowed, challenging her. That's when I noticed it. The slight green glow similar to mine and my twin brother's magic.

"Who... Who are you?"

"I'm... Your Auntie Kat, Dearie. You should get some rest. OK little one?" I backed away as she came closer, hiding Meng behind me. The green glow flickers slower.

"Stay back!" As she reaches out to grab us the green glow flickers out for a moment.

"Find Kitsuna. Tell her that Magix is no longer safe, and return home. Only she and her soulmates fully bonded as one mind and soul can save us now. Go!"  She opens a cabinet door and shoves us through before locking it behind us.