Chapter 3 - Company

Elias

My peaceful sleep was disrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. Blindly, I felt around the nightstand until I picked up the device making the unceasing noise. I hate noise.

Without looking at the caller I.D, I answered. "What is it?"

"She's wandering."

Pulling the phone away from my ear, I squinted to read the name Rachel. "Who's wandering?"

"Your new guest, I think she's looking for food." Rachel said, sounding even more disturbed than I was. "And I called the tow truck company. They said her car had been tampered with, and it won't be fixed for another week or more."

Tampered with? A week or more? Great. Just what I needed. More issues than what I bargained for. But I guess, I only have myself to blame. I did let her stay, which now, I'm beginning to regret sooner than I had imagined.

"I'll be down soon."

Groaning, I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower. After brushing my teeth, getting dressed, and ready for the day, I left my apartment. Stepping out of the elevator, I made it to the lobby, seeing Kaia seated on the same couch as yesterday.

She was wearing a pair of black jeans and some sort of white crop top that looked like it tied around the back. Her golden-brown hair was braided and reached her waist like before.

As we stood in front of each other, I attempted not to stare. So I just looked into her eyes, her beautiful brown and green eyes, which seemed to linger on the left side of my face for a moment. The side on which I had the scar.

"Do you need something, Ms. Robinson?" I questioned, trying to sound polite. I really didn't enjoy being woken up at this ungodly hour, but I had to. Hopefully, the time would go by fast.

"Do you serve breakfast here?" She asked, taking another step closer.

No. We don't serve fucking breakfast. The people that come here don't eat. They do what they need to do, and then they leave. Of course, I couldn't explain that concept to her, so I came up with the next best thing.

"Usually yes, but we're currently renovating the dining hall. Just come with me and I'll get you something."

I began to walk past Rachel and towards the large open space where tables and chairs were placed all around. This is where a regular hotel would serve food and all that, but here, it was just another empty room that nobody ever used.

Kaia followed behind me and we entered the kitchen, where I saw my chef Bruce preparing something.

"What would you like?" I gazed down at Ms. Robinson, watching her she scanned the kitchen as if she was trying to memorize the whole thing.

"Just some eggs, if that's okay."

I nodded, bringing my attention back to Bruce. "Can you make some eggs for this lady please?"

The dark-skinned man turned to me with a smile on his face. "Yes, boss."

Exiting the kitchen, I pointed to the nearest table and Kaia took a seat. "Wait here and Bruce will bring you the food."

And as soon as I tried to leave, she stopped me. "Wait."

"For what?"

"Are you just going to leave me here alone?"

I raised an eyebrow, folding my arms over my chest. "What? Do you need me to feed you as well?"

Kaia laughed and patted the chair next to her. "No, I just wanted some company."