Chapter 15 - Permanent Solution

Elias

"I fucking knew it." Rachel scoffed.

Why were five hundred dollars in Kaia's nightstand? And why did Rachel know it was missing?

"She stole that from the register downstairs." Rachel exhaled sharply, with Kaia's fingers still ground into her scalp. "I told you, she's only here because she wants your money."

Since when did we keep money in the register?

"She set me up, Elias." Kaia let go and Rachel dropped onto her hands and knees. "I don't want your money."

I didn't trust Rachel for one god damn second. Although she was a good liar, it would have been physically impossible for Kaia to steal that money.

"Let's see then," I said, pulling out my phone.

Quickly, I called Nasir. I asked if any of the security cameras had been disabled within the past couple of days and he answered yes.

Why didn't he tell me?

The lobby hadn't been touched. Only the elevator and the ninth-floor cameras were turned off for about thirty minutes two nights ago.

The night Kaia and I had our date. She wasn't even at the hotel when Rachel planted the money.

I didn't need this right now. Nathaniel had just killed Mason. Rachel knew I was grieving but it was clear she couldn't give a flying fuck about my feelings.

Instead, she pulled this shit, thinking she would get away with it. Thinking I would actually believe her over Kaia. It was hilarious.

But I wasn't laughing. I was beyond furious. By the time Nasir hung up, negative emotions flowed through me with ease.

"You're fired."

"What?" Rachel blinked rapidly as if she couldn't comprehend my words. "You can't fire me, I was just trying to-"

"That's why my room was unlocked the other night." Kaia folded her arms over her chest, putting the pieces together in her head. "You sneaky bitch-"

"Don't fucking talk to me." Rachel snapped as she made her way over to where I was standing. "Please, Elias. I need this job. I need you."

Fuck off.

"Bye." I shoved my phone back into my pocket, glaring at her. "There's the door."

The blue in her eyes darkened with rage. She looked at me, she really looked at me before cocking her hand back and slapping me across the face.

What was this girl's problem?

The sound echoed throughout the whole space. Kaia began to stomp over, attempting to drag her out again but she didn't get the chance.

Something exploded inside me. I wrapped one of my hands around Rachel's throat and pushed her, all the way until her back hit the wall behind us.

At first, I didn't mean to squeeze, yet my mind wanted to see her suffer. She gasped for air as she clawed at my arm, trying to make me let her go.

All the built-up anger from Mason's death, Nathaniels demands, and Rachels's infidelity seemed to pour out of me, leaving violence as my only reaction.

"You will never hit me like that again." As much as I knew it was wrong, I couldn't help when my grip became tighter. "And you will leave us alone, or I'll..."

Kaia touched my back lightly. "She can't breath, Elias."

"...I'll fucking kill you." I finally let go. She coughed and held her throat. "Okay?"