Chapter one.

"I burn, I freeze;
I never am warm. I am rigid.
I forgot softness
Because it did not serve me."

HERE LYING ON THE CONCRETE floor, and looking at the amazing ceiling was not a plan of mine

HERE LYING ON THE CONCRETE floor, and looking at the amazing ceiling was not a plan of mine. Seldom, it was my fault for ending up like this- but hey, we should look at the positive side.

I was not alone in this.

"This is a nice change of scenario," I grumbled, my muscles screaming in protest as soon as I moved from the hard surface.

Pretending to faint for hours on the concrete floor was not something I would advice someone.

"We are literally in a jail cell right now," Alec muttered, a few feet away from me.

"She was being sarcastic, dumbass," Nate said.

"Who even are you kids?" A cop, grumbled from outside of our cell. Brunette hair with blue eyes.

"You must be new," I remarked, "Considering you don't know us."

"We really don't need your sarcastic ass right now," Nate said, getting off the only chair in the pathetic excuse of a room.

"Call Dalton for us, will you?" Alec oh-so-politely asked the officer.

"I don't understand why I should listen to a couple of kids," the blue-eyed man snarled at us.

Barely a conversation with us, and he already found a way to hate us.

"Well, considering we are the lead suspects for committing arson," Alec stroded towards the the metal bar fitted, uh, door, "I suggest you listen to us before you find your ass in a burning house."

The pathetic excuse of a officer muttered an apology and went to get Dalton.

"Nice going, asshole," Nate scoffed, "not even a conversation in and you already threatened him."

"That's a new record by the way," I added, getting off the floor.

I know I'm only seventeen, but my bones don't agree with me.

"Don't encourage him to fuck shit up. Be nice, Al."

"We are literally in a jail cell, that's just fucking ironic coming from you," I said, plopping myself beside Al.

"Been a long time kids," A voice came from outside the cell, making us look at him.

"We saw you a month ago, Dal," Nate said beside me.