Chapter eight.

"It's hard to forget someone,
Who had given you
So much to remember."

"

A/N: play the song in loop:)

ASTRID NEVER TOOK MUCH NOTICE of her clothes. They all mainly consisted of blacks, and Greys and browns along with denim. Safe to say, she had plenty of outfits if she ever needed to go to a funeral.

She pulled on a black tank top and a skinny, high-waisted jeans.

Astrid checked her phone, the images of the blank, eerie hallways was enough for her to sneak. Austin had spent the past few days to teach her a few, tips and tricks to hack around. I guess you could say that she picked some of them up.

Being silent on my feet, she exited the mansion through the same way they snuck inside- from the library.

The New York's air was a tad warmer than the usually cold London. It was a nice change.

Astrid had lived in New York before, of course she had. Seven years ago, and even though it was a one bedroom apartment shared by the three of us- and yet... and yet it was probably the most comfortably she had lived.

It was the last place, her and Aria- my adopted sister had chosen after being on a run.

She never hated the city for the worst if my memories I shared with it- no. I admired how it lights itself even in the darkest of the times or how it always buzzed with life.

But now... sitting on the couch in her old one bedroom apartment- where her sister and her had once lived... She couldn't help but hate that the city just moved on. That it just forgot them. As if her- their lives never mattered.

The blood was still here. Her sister and her had a roommate, and she was five years older than Astrid. She was a run away from her home. Her parents went batshit crazy after her brother's death and blamed her for his death, resulting in her running away.