Chapter twenty seven.

___________________________________

"Breathe through the fear
And walk through the fire."
___________________________________

"HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU how much I hate you?" Al muttered to Astrid who was too busy smoothing her skirt.

Nate rolled his eyes, "At least you got in."

"I'd rather stay at home, binging some shitty reality show than go there like this." Al gestured towards his almost naked body, entirely covered in gold glitter.

Al's was wearing no more than a skimpy outfit— an underwear, if you will— which was covered in golden glitter too. Al himself looked like a symbol of goodwill and gold and luck. His eyes were the only color slashing against the gold on his body.

"Stop being a whiny bitch, Al."

"That's rich coming from you."

"Did I forget to mention that I absolutely hate dresses?" Astrid butted in. She was wearing a long, black evening gown with a sweetheart neckline, with cuts on either side of her ribs. The cuts and neckline were accentuated with gold embroidery of curling waves around them. The hem of the dress covered her toes, hiding every single non-metal weapon she had hidden underneath. Her raven hair was covered with a brunette wig that she may or may not have uh, borrowed it. Illegally, of course.

Her now brunette hair was twisted in an updo with bits of hair framing her face. She felt and looked ridiculous.

This was so not her.

___________________