Chapter fourteen

"Sib•lings
(n.) Reminders that our
parents had sex more than once."

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" Luciano Romano sighed as he found his siblings in his father's office

The faint, clearing light glared at the twins, their similar features too alike. They snapped their gazes towards their brother, who looked ready to sell them out just for the drama.

"Nothing," Austin's panic made him answer a bit too quickly.

And idiotic move.

"Steeling his wine," Astrid mused a bit too quickly. The same time as  her twin had said.

If you can't beat them, than you should side with them, right?

"You're on thin fucking ice," He eyes the twins, glaring at them, "Both of you."

"Take that fucking stick out of your pompous ass, will ya'?" Astrid mused, not looking at him as she switched off her torch and went back to look for the wine, "You want to join, you're more than welcome."

Luc sighed. He wasn't about to sell her out— but... it didn't mean he couldn't join her.

And he did.

"You do realize that getting caught will literally break the thin fucking ice, don't you?" Luc tried to be the voice of reason. For once.

The twins didn't answer him, instead Astrid pulled two bottles of Scotch and... was that tequila?

"That's the oldest one he has," Luc said, trying to get her to put it down, "he'll flip the fuck out if he notices it gone."

"He can get over it," Astrid flicked him off, a cruel bullet-promising smile on her face if he disagrees.

An assassin by heart.