The New Heads

Janae's POV

            This party was going off without a hitch. Everyone was having a good time. Most of the time I sat laughing and talking with Roman. As the night wound down I noticed that Angie and Olivia had been spending a lot of the night together. It looked as if they were holding hands while sitting and talking. I decided to go speak with them. "Hey sweetie you really outdid yourself." Angie smiled.
    "You really did. This is amazing." Olivia smiled.
    "Thank you. She just has been through so much. She deserved an amazing party."
    "Yeah, how are you and Roman?"
    "Oh we are okay. We're making it. When did you two meet?" I looked between them.
    "Oh um a while ago. We just reconnected in the past year or so." Olivia smiled.
    "Oh that's cool."
    "Yeah, Nae remember that conversation we had about finding yourself?"
    "Yeah." I nodded.
    "Well yeah." She looked at Olivia. I looked at Olivia too. I was confused for a second. I remembered the conversation, but the only other woman in that story was- "Shit." It hit me. I looked at her and back at Roman a few times. I knew I knew her face. I couldn't pin point it. I just knew her features. "Angie." Part of that conversation started to click.
    "We should go to my room." Angie stood up. We all went outside and I followed her. I could see that Olivia had grown nervous. When we finally got to Angie's room and shut the door I was still bewildered. "So you're my husband's biological mom?" I asked. I looked at her face and could pick every single feature that I was in my husband down to the intensity in his eyes. I looked at her toying with her hands. I sat down and looked at the both of them. I just started laughing. "Of course this happens now. Of course, why wouldn't it? It's the worst timing possible. You know what, nope. This has nothing to do with me. This is between you two and Nick. I can't do this." I shook my head. "I am still working on my own chemical imbalance right now and my own place in my life and moving positions in this family as the matriarch in training, I am not doing this for two reason; 1) The past two years have been absolutely insane I have issues trying to decipher the goal of introducing this; 2) She is supposed to be dead, that's what you told me."

  "Well I'll answer these concerns in order. I think the goal is to get closure to something that never should have happened. He should have never been taken from her. As much as I love Roman, I would die for him easily no hesitation, I could still have loved him sharing him with her. As far as your second concern I thought she was dead too. Nicholas told me she was dead and when I would want to go place flowers on her grave he said he took care of it up until the point where he felt that there was no point not long after. She showed up to the gate and I knew it was her when the news broke he was in the hospital." Angie answered.

   "The last thing I want to do is to disrupt his or your life. That is the absolute last thing I want. I just, this baby I had was taken, and then when I met him at the kids dance I knew immediately. You have kids and you know your children anywhere. Then seeing him with my kids and um his siblings they love him and talking to him even if it's briefly. I know and understand how damaging just presenting this to Atticus now. I don't want to do that. I just want to know him that's all. Angie wants to, but I don't want to interrupt his life." Olivia spoke.

   "Atticus? He has a different name?" I tested it out.

   "His name was supposed to be Atticus Lee after my father." She nodded.

   "I understand closure. I get it. You need it and this is something that I can't bring you. This is literally 31 years before me. You guys do what you have to, but I'm warning you. I don't know you deeper than my daughter's friend's mother, but I know Roman sometimes better than he knows himself. Angie you know him too, I know you have a good heart and only want the best response to this situation, but I'm going to tell you the truth. There is a very, very, very, very, very this margin of getting him to not have a bad response. It won't be a good one, but it will be somewhere between neutral and bad. You would have to bank on everything being perfect, but nothing ever is." I explained.