I'll Stand By You

Angie's POV:

            We had been fighting again as we had for a while. We had the boys go outside so they couldn't hear us. I had told him once I have the baby I'm moving out with our kids and didn't plan on coming back until he could be loyal. "You're not going anywhere Angelina!" He yelled.

   "I'm not going to keep getting cheated on Nick! How many more love children do you need before you realized how horribly you treat me! I hate you. I hope you are happy with your new family." I started to leave and he yanked me back. I kicked and punched him. He slammed me on the ground and held his hands around my neck. "Stop fighting me Angie. Calm down damn it!" I kept fighting. I clawed at his hand until I felt myself slipping from consciousness. "I can't breathe." I gasped for air knowing I was drawing blood from his hands. "Nicholas." I knew the look in his eyes. I shouldn't have hit him because he blacks out. "Nicholas." I fought to stay conscious. "Nick!" I tried to yell at him, but it felt like he was crushing my windpipe. I stopped clawing him and rubbed his hands trying to bring him back. He still looked like he wasn't here. "Nicholas please." I held onto his arms. The baby is always moving this time of day and I haven't felt it move this whole time and I started crying. The baby had been moving so much and now it's still. I felt a gush of liquid pool between my legs. "Nicky the baby!" I screamed as loud as I could in his face. I saw life flood back into his eyes and he let go of me. He looked at his hands backed away. I coughed and gagged as air found its way into my lungs again. I scooted away from him to the nearest wall. I looked down at my legs as my wet pants started to turn red. "No!" I was rushed to the birthing center only to deliver my dead baby. During our fight at someone point the baby's umbilical cord detached from the placenta and it suffocated. The sight of Nick made me sick and I wanted him nowhere near me. Now here I was amazed by his beautiful love child. I was holding the baby thinking of what his name might be. He looked up at me while holding my finger. I smiled at him. He was so precious. I hoped the other woman was okay because I remember her saying she had other children. I noticed he was trying to nurse and I couldn't let him be hungry. I nursed him knowing his real mother with probably be awake soon even though she called him a monster. He stopped nursing and I just burped him. I heard the door open and Nick came in. "Leave." I looked down.
    "Angie please, he was my baby too." He plead.
    "Our baby is dead because of you. It's your fault our baby is gone." I growled at him.
    "Angie, I'm so sorry. I told you that you will never leave me. I was just angry. Angie I'm sorry." His voice cracked.
    "Your tears are pathetic." I stroked the baby's cheek.
    "Why are you holding him?" He moved closer.
    "Take him back to his mother. He should nurse from her." I placed him in his arms. He looked down at the baby and the baby immediately started wailing. Nick tried to calm him down, but he just wasn't having it. His cries seemed to just get louder and louder. He handed him back to me and I got him to calm back down. "I'll take him to his mother myself. I need to talk to her anyway." I got out of bed.
"She died." I looked at him. "She bled out. She didn't make it. He's ours now." I looked at him looked down at the baby in my arm. I said a silent prayer for his mother and her other children. I may have not liked the situation, but I didn't wish death on her. I had found out she really didn't know any him after reach out to her husband and sending gifts to her kids anonymously. I sat back down and kissed his cheek. I couldn't hate the woman who gave birth to something that I just knew would heal me in more ways than one. "Hi my little Roman Lorenzo, my sweet baby boy." I held him close to my heart where he would always stay. "You will be sleeping in the house out back. You will go to bed after the kids are sleeping and will be back in the house before they wake up. I don't want you stepping back foot in my room again." I didn't take my eyes off my son.

            I sat on the floor looking at Roman play with his blocks. His brown hair was dangling in his face. I pushed it out of his face and he smiled up at me. I laughed and he climbed in my lap. I kissed his forehead and hugged him close. "Roman where's my nose?" I asked and he pointed. "Where's your nose?" He pointed again. "Where's my ear?" I asked and he pulled on his own. "I said my ear silly." He pulled on my ears. He kissed me tight and I picked him up. "I think it's time for us to eat some lunch yeah?" I held him on my hip.