chapter 8

the very next day, jeongin decided to meet up with chan right after first period. he had texted him beforehand. jeongin walked to the school cafeteria where they had agreed to meet, and to his surprise, chan was already there, waiting for him, with 2 cups of lemonade drinks in-front of him.

"oh jeongin!" chan waved, signaling the boy to come sit with him. and so jeongin sat in-front of chan. "i bought us lemonade, i'm sorry i didn't quite know what you liked" chan said.

"oh no it's alright,i do like lemonade" jeongin said as he took a sip of his drink. then he took his laptop out and let chan read the script.

"looking good!"

"you really think so?"

"yeah, you're pretty good at this" chan said, not keeping his eyes off the screen.

"alright, when do you wanna film this thing?"

"i'm free after school"

"after school it is. my place?"

"yeah, your place"

and so after they talked and planned, the two boys parted ways and went over to their next class. jeongin walked in the room and immediately saw hyunjin waving at him, so he approached the boy and sat beside him.

"how's your project going?" hyunjin said as jeongin laid his head on the elder's shoulder.

"really good actually, he's very cooperative"

"that's good to hear. but if you need help with anything, please come to me innie" hyunjin gave him a worried smile.

"yes jinnie" jeongin looked up and made eye contact with hyunjin for a brief moment before laying his head back on the elder's shoulder while waiting for their professor.

-

after school, jeongin hadn't seen hyunjin so he decided to just leave without saying goodbye. of course not forgetting to text all his friends that he would be leaving. meanwhile, chan saw jeongin from a far and decided to approach the boy.

"jeongin!" he waved, showing a faint smile. jeongin waved back and smiled.

"we could walk together" chan suggested, jeongin agreed. since they would be going to the same place, there's no reason why they couldn't.

and so the boys walked together in an awkward silence. when suddenly both boys decided to pull out their phones to distract themselves from the awkward air between them.

finally, they arrived at jeongins place. they were immediately greeted by the maids at the front door.
"we'll be doing a project in my room if you need me" he said to rose, the maid.

"alright, i'll bring you guys something to snack on in a while" she responded then walked off to prepare something.

meanwhile, jeongin brought chan to his room. it wasn't anything big, but it was homey and comfortable. chan's eyes immediately wandered around the room, eyes exploring every detail of the interior. jeongin turned the air conditioning on so it wasn't too hot.

( jeongin's room )

( jeongin's room )

"please sit" jeongin told chan, he signaled the boy to sit on the chair as he prepared the camera and lighting. once the setup was complete, he took the printouts of their script and handed a copy to chan. chan stood up and started practicing his lines.

"could you stand over there, i'd just like to see what it would look like" and so chan stood up against the plain grey wall and immediately struck a pose. jeongin giggled and took a photo using the camera. he browsed through them, laughing at the elder's silliness.

chan didn't even notice that he was staring at the younger boy. his giggles just made his big heart flutter. when jeongin looked back up at him, he immediately started reading his lines again, pretending like he wasn't just eyeing the boy a few seconds ago.

once the boys were done reviewing their lines. jeongin stood beside chan and clicked the record button. suddenly it went silent. the boys made eye contact for a millisecond before they both bursted into laughter. chan falling down on the floor from laughing too much that his stomach started hurting. while jeongin was clapping and jumping around cackling.

so you could imagine how many takes it took them before getting a decent recording. after that, the two boys plopped onto the bed and started giggling tiredly.

"you're fun jeongin" chan said. this made jeongin turn his head over to observe the elder's beautiful features once more before replying. "you too chan, i'm glad we're friends" chan turned his face towards the boy and they made eye contact.

suddenly the tension in the room became so heavy, yet so light. chan moved his face closer to jeongin's, and jeongin did the same. not quite knowing where this was going, a little confused, chan placed his lips on jeongin's, and the younger immediately started kissing back.

this lasted for around a minute before both boys pulled away to catch a breath, and looking back at the ceiling, slightly panting.

"what was that" jeongin asked in amusement, still couldn't believe what was going on.

"i have no idea, but i liked it, i like you" chan suddenly confessed, shocking himself and jeongin.

"from now on, i'll be your hope, your happiness, your will to go on" he added.

"my firefly?"

"your firefly"

jeongin took a moment to think before saying, "i like you too chan, i always have." chan smiled. "i'm glad"

-

now what happened to not having anymore feelings for chan, huh jeongin?

- author-nim