chapter 15

my channie

innie, baby. please let me explain.
i love you too much to cheat on you.

okay. let's meet up.
stone cafe 5 pm.

thank you baby! i promise
to be truthful!

jeongin sighed and went downstairs to have lunch. hyunjin had to leave an hour ago so he was now left with just his aunt and uncle. while they were all seated on the dining table, jeongin spoke up.

"aunt, uncle, i'll take the offer"

"r-really?"

"yes. i'll finish the rest of my studies in canada, then i'll be back. it's just 3 years more anyways"

"oh honey that's good! they have good education there!!!"

"so...when am i leaving?"

"you can leave as soon as next week, after we arrange the papers from your current school"

"...great"

-

"canada? you're leaving me innie?"

"silly, you're parents literally live there. you can visit during the holidays!!"

"i guess so, but that's too longgg" hyunjin whined. he could hear jeongin's chuckle from the other side, making him smile.

"wait, buy don't tell me you're only leaving because of that crispy haired jerk"

jeongin couldn't help but cackle at the nickname.

"no jinnie, my guardian's have always wanted me to study there since they have good academics. and my aunt and uncle know lots of business people there" he stated.

"oh okay! that's good then. anyways i gotta run, call you back later!"

"mhm! see you!"

"see you innie!"

after the call ended, jeongin plopped onto his bed and stared at the ceiling. he felt the emptiness surrounding him again. the emptiness he hasn't felt in a long time. he sighed.

-

time flew by quick and before jeongin knew it, it was 5 pm. he left wearing grey sweatpants and a dark blue hoodie, not forgetting to text chan beforehand.

he went to the stone cafe, which he knew was pretty empty most of the time hence why he chose that place. jeongin immediately saw chan, who was sitting on one of the back tables and came to sit infront of him.

"explain" he abruptly said. chan looked up and took a deep breath before speaking.

"aria, she was my ex. she left me 2 years ago, without explanation. it hurt me badly, it's also why i started acting the way i did. i just needed someone to love and care about me. which is why when you came, i immediately straightened up innie. that thing you saw in the park, we met up for closure. we ended things once and for all, properly this time. and she asked me for one last kiss, then she would leave us alone. i'd be able to love you without anyone interfering with out relationship. you know how much i care about you. i'm your firefly...right? because you're mines."

"c-chan" jeongin looked up at chan with glossy eyes.

"i'm leaving" he blurted out, then letting a tear prickle down his cheek.

"w-what do you mean, leaving? where?" chan stuttered.

"canada. i'll be staying there for 3 years or so..."

chan immediately felt a tear prickle down his cheek. he wiped it before taking jeongin's hand into his and looked him in the eyes.

"you'll be back right?"

"i will"

"then i'll wait for you."

"c-chan that's 3 years and-"

"i don't care how long it is baby. i love you. you're the most important thing to me. i'll wait."

"okay channie...if you say so"

and with that, chan quickly pecked jeongin's lips. both of them not realizing the tears that were falling down their faces. they pulled away to see, both suddenly started laughing at each other.

the night ended quick. and both boys eventually had to leave. chan waved goodbye to jeongin, the last goodbye he was gonna say in a while. jeongin waved back and the moment the two turned their backs on each other, the tears started falling.

"i love you..." both boys whispered, soft enough that only themselves could hear it. but no words had to be said directly, they both knew that they truly loved each other.