Chapter 17

2 days after the ball

Prince Sebastian ~~~

The castle was filled with beautiful women. Many different kinds of women surprisingly. There were blondes and red-heads and a few raven haired girls. Some were slim and some were plump. There were all girls of different backgrounds and ethnicity.

Though only 5 had social standing. Two were duchesses and at least one was an actual princess. That princess at the moment was socializing with one of Aidan's girls. I could tell because she was wearing pink.

Queen Cassandra had told us to pick a color. Any shade close to or related to that color and the girls we'd picked would wear it.

Aidan had chosen any shade of red, Patrick had chosen any shade of green and I had chosen any shade of blue.

This particular princess was here for a different reason so Queen Cassandra had told her to only wear colors that wouldn't be mixed with the other girls. She was currently wearing yellow.

"You're going to make the other women jealous, Sebastian."

Lady Delia stood next to me wearing a simple gown in a shade of blue.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said adjusting the suit I was currently wearing for the fifth time. I personally did not like Verona's fabric, it was too itchy and rough.

"Oh I think you do," she touched my arm and turned me towards her.

"Have I told you that you look lovely?" I asked

"Thank you, Sebastian, but that compliment isn't going to make me stop prying." She said

"Yes well you are a woman after all."

She narrowed her eyes "You're making Serenity look like competition in this quest to find love and be loved. Those that aren't here for love but for power will see her as an obstacle and won't let her stand in their way."

I narrowed my eyes "Do tell me, Lady Delia, would you happen to be one of those deceitful, cruel, small minded women that hope to gain power my faking love?" I stepped closer "Because if you are, I consider it treason since you are in fact betraying a member of the royal family, who in due time will become a king. I don't know if they've taught you in your silly little manners classes that if you commit treason you will be executed. Publicly."

I wouldn't stand for this if she was one. I would go straight to the Queen and tell her at once that she's socializing with people who only want power. Then I would take matters into my own hands.

Lady Delia quickly smiled "No Sebastian I'm not I promise. Please forgive me."

"Lady Delia I will not forgive you. You've brought into light how much I despise this. I have seen your true colors now."

"I-I don't understand," she stuttered

"Oh you don't? Well let me refresh your memory. At the night of the ball you were quite charming..around me. But around other guests you were cruel and the second the thought of approaching me you would do something to harm them. Either accidentally spilling your champagne. Three times might I add."

"I'm clumsy," she murmured

"Or standing on someones dress causing it to rip. I remember the shoes your wore and I know they could cause that. Do you think that saying it was an accident is going to stop them from finding the other victims of your jealousy and putting two and two together? They all told the Queen of course and she told Patrick, Aidan and I."

Lady Delia visible paled. "Sebastian, I-"

"It's Prince Sebastian or Your Grace. We are not on good terms anymore Lady Delia. I like you, but your actions and behavior is a problem and I will not have you act like this while there are 35 other women here who have the potential of being great queens and great wives."

"I apologize." she took a step back, tears filling her eyes

"Don't you dare cry. I thought you were a lady. Ladies don't cry in public nor do they humiliate others. Are you not worried about your reputation? Are you not worried that I can make sure your actions and personality can be known throughout the royal court and you will never step close to a castle ever again?"

I ran a hand through my hair "One more misstep Lady Delia and it will be the last you ever see of this castle. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Your Grace, I understand." she quickly turned and headed towards the side of the castle where the women I've chosen are staying.

A few of my male guards walked by addressing many of the women and the pointed in my direction. Filled with curiosity I watched them walk over to me.

"Pardon me, your grace, we've received word that a storm is approaching and it's going to be a rather large storm." my most trusted guard Nikolas said

They wouldn't have had any reason to tell me this other than that it had to have been caused by my family in the sea. "Who?"

"It has been said that the Queen of the Atlantic is going mad. Her people have searched everywhere for the princess yet they cannot find her."

"Serenity?" I asked puzzled "Her Majesty doesn't know she's here?"

Nikolas looked down "She does. That's why there's a storm. Her Majesty is coming."

"She cannot come! She must think they've killed her daughter the way they've killed my mother! Nikolas you must find another way, she'll try to start a war!"

"Yes," he bowed and left

I looked over to Serenity, who was calmly talking to another girl this time with blonde hair.

She has to know.

"Excuse me," I said walking towards them "Serenity, may I speak to you for a moment?"

"What is it?" She said

"Could you come with me please?"

She nodded and led me through the castle until we were near the gardens. We stopped near the lilies and white roses.

Serenity plucked a lily from it's home and twirled the stem between her fingers.

"Serenity..." I didn't know how I was to approach this. How was I to tell her such news.

"Yes?" She said

"Your mother..is causing a storm in the Atlantic. She plans to come here. To Verona."

Serenity dropped the lily "What? My mother cannot come here! How would she know to come here?"

"She had found a fortune teller and sent her to find you. Apparently she did and your mother now knows where you are."

"The fortune teller? Oh my gods," she covered her mouth "My mother doesnt know the Stormholds like the rest of us! She wanted to wage war and massacre the entire bloodline when she heard about your mother Sebastian! She controls the entire army and she'll send them here to destroy every single human in Verona. She counted every mermaid and merman that had perished because of the King and she promised to do the exact same. My mother will not rest until she does exactly that."

"I know that Serenity. There's nothing we can do. There isn't enough time. We just have to prepare them." I said

"Prepare them for what?! What do we tell them?!"

"We tell them..a storm is coming."