Chapter 5

Serenity ~~~~

"I'm waiting," I said "What are you doing in here?"

Lady Delia's face flushed and she lifted her chin "That is none of your concern,"

She walked in a circle around me and looked me up and down.

"Did you think putting a flower in your hair would make you look beautiful? You look like a wild and untamed woman who has no sense of manners or being a lady." She asked quirking her thin eyebrow

"I assumed it would make me more elegant, but thank you for that insight I think it's an extra bonus knowing I look wild and untamed rather than looking like a lady who is seen rather than heard much like yourself." I said simply

Lady Delia's eyes widened and her face turned red. She took a daring step forward with her hands clenched.

"How dare you.." she began

"Sorry I took so long I couldn't find the ointment," Patrick walked in holding a small container and looked up. "Lady Delia what are you doing in my chambers?"

"I-I wanted to see if you'd like to go out for a ride and spend some time with me." She batted her lashes and twirled her gown back and forth

I rolled my eyes. If this was how human girls acted I didn't want to be on this land for much longer, though I didn't know if I'd ever be able to go back. Earlier today when it was time for me to bathe I excused the servant and stepped in hoping to see my tail again. It wasn't there sadly I still had legs. I hope that once my leg is better and healed I'll be able to have my tail again. I don't know what'd Id do if it never came back.

"I'm sorry Lady Delia, I'm going to have to decline your invitation. Serenity needs her cut cleaned and bandaged." he said gesturing to my leg that was covered by my gown.

"I see," she pouted

I watched her walk in front of him and place her fingers on his forearm as she stretched up and kissed his cheek

"I'll see you at dinner Patrick." she said and walk to the door. She gave me a dirty look and walked out.

Patrick lifted the skirt of my gown and began to clean the cut. It was looking much better now. Less purple.

He reached for the bandage and started wrapping it around my leg, running his fingers against my skin.

Goosebumps were left in its trace and I shivered causing Patrick to look at up at me.

"Serenity," he whispered

The way he said my name awoke a sensation and feeling I'd never felt before

My pulse raced as Patrick stood and pulled me closer causing our chests to touch. My eyes were wide with confusion as to what he was going to do. All of his movements and touches felt lovely. Something I'd never experienced in the ocean.

He leaned down and ran the tip of his nose along my neck.

My skin felt like it was on fire as he breathed against my skin.

I'd never experienced anything like this before. It was new but it wasn't unpleasant. I didn't want to lose myself in his touch though

~~~~~~~~~~

Patrick Stormhold ~~~~

Serenity smelt of vanilla and jasmine. Sweet. I wanted to very much taste her and shower her body with kisses and give her immense pleasure until she shouted out my name.

But I needed to be real and think of how to approach this situation any further.

I placed an open mouthed kiss on the skin behind her ear emanating a soft moan from Serenity. I smirked against her skin. They always give themselves up for me sooner or later.

I felt Serenity stiffen in my arms and pull away.

"You've done this to many girls haven't you?" she asked looking down

"A few," I lied "Why do you mention it."

"Your advancements towards me. Are something I've never encountered. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but Patrick if you wish to..." Serenity's face scrunched up in confusion as she searched for a certain word that fit "Court me? You need to be a proper gentleman. I'm not like other girls. I will not willingly do things with you unless you've promised to be faithful."

I opened my mouth to speak but she covered it with her delicate hand

"I've heard the servants talk about you and your affairs with the kitchen maids." she blushed "They assumed I was your latest conquest," she shook her head furiously causing more strands of hair to fall out of her braid "They're wrong and I won't be taken advantage of."

This woman must think I'm absolutely irresponsible for being known as a womanizer. God forbid my mother tells her anything about my sexual affairs.

"Sorry sweetheart, I don't do courting or anything open." I said

"Then I suppose you'll have to indulge yourself in Lady Delia," she frowned "I'll clean my wounds from now on. It doesn't seem too difficult."

Serenity stepped away from me and walked towards the door but came back and plucked the lily from her hair and handed it to me.

"Thank you for today, Patrick. But there will be nothing happening here or in the future unless you're willing to get to know me. I don't know how long I'll be in Verona..but if you're willing I'd like to get to know you."

"Are you gonna make me work to get you, Love?" I asked

She was halfway out of my chambers and had one hand on the door "If you're up for a challenge."