[R/D]chapter thirty six: old scars.

I saw someone in the comments of the chapter before past call Ben 'Ben 10', i fucking w h e e z e d

Karl Heisenberg POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuck this.."
I mumble, storming out of the lab with the backpack...Lady bitch really keeps her name up.

I march to the elevator, but from the corner of my eye i see a door open..the spare room, but i guess i haven't been able to call it that for a while, the kid Ben's been there...Ben i think, (y/n) won't stop talking about the damn boy, I'm surprised i don't have his name stuck in my head.

"what The hell..?"
I whisper, turning and walking to the door instead.

I reach down the hall and I peek into the room...(y/n)'s in there, on their knees next to the bed, i slowly walk in and stand next to them.

"...i didn't hear the elevator."
I say, they jump and turn to face me, now i notice they're holding the thing i put soup in, half of what was in it isn't there anymore...have they been eating in here, or...has he?

"Oh! Hey..!"
They say.

"Why did you come up here?"
I ask.

"No reason, what took you so long in the lab?"
They ask...my head hurts just thinking about it.

"...also no reason."
I say.

"Since we both have no reason to be talking about why we're here, Do you wanna see something?"
They ask.

"Like you've said; always."
I say, sitting on the floor.

"I found a spoon and cleaned it with a rag, and then...well, watch."
They say.

They scoop up soup with the spoon, reaching Ben's mouth, surprisingly, Ben opens his mouth, swallowing the soup...damn, he really is alive, that's...amazing, fascinating too...how?

"Holy shit..."
I mumble.

"I know! He's still responding! Isn't that great??"
(Y/n) exclaims.

"And really interesting.."
I say.

"There's more hope every second...we'll save him and escape! And by how fast we've gotten to it so far It'll probably just take a few more days, Won't that be amazing??"
(Y/n) says, smiling widely.

...a few days, that's probably right, but...that tall bitch isn't one to bluff...what will i do if she comes before we go? Shit...i need to think of a plan for that.

"Karl..? You okay?"
They ask, i snap back into reality, looking at them...i didn't even notice that they're still wearing my sunglasses.

"Yeah, just Heisenberg shit."
I mumble.

"Well im Heisenberg number two, so Im dealing with the shit too."
They joke, i smile a little.

"I don't think cigar addiction and a murderous cult mother is something you want to have."
I joke...well, kind of joke.

They just smile and shrug, looking back at Ben...they treat the boy like he's their kid, i feel kinda shitty for keeping them out of this room...then again, they almost cried when they first saw him like this.

"Hey Karl..have you ever celebrated Christmas here?"
(Y/n) asks.

"No, what the hell is that?"
I ask.

"It happens in december, its basically this one day full of so much happiness and giving, you go around a tree in your house that has sparkling things on it and give the people you love most gifts, it shows selflessness and the giving nature."
They explain.

"...so basically a holiday of giving people things?"
I ask.

"Basically, and by the time we're out of the village, it'll probably be christmas, maybe i can help you celebrate for the first time?"
They suggest.

"...sounds great, but I'm not sure how you'll get a tree inside."
I say.

"You'll see how."
They say, smiling...they're really Happy lately, im glad...its the most happiness I've seen in this bleak place in a while.

"I'll count on it."
I chuckle.

"Oh, ready to go try the soup? Its still on the fire."
They say.

"Soup sounds fucking amazing."
I say.

"Then lets go!"
They exclaim, jumping up and holding out their hand...i remember when they never even let me a foot close to them, now this..

"Aren't i supposed to be the one who lifts you up?"
I joke, taking their hand.

"I guess being a second Heisenberg has its perks."
They joke, pulling me up to my feet.

"Yeah...it has perks."
I mumble.

Why do they keel looking on the bright side when they're in a literal hell with an actual monster by their side?  Yet they just...smile, they're a completely different version of me, and i call them a second me...fuck, that couldn't be more wrong.

maybe that's why they're so important to me...a yin and yang kind of shit, we're completely different but go great together...i never thought I'd be glad to have a human around me.

"Uh...are you okay? This is the second time you've stared at the wall with a creepy look."
They mumble.

"Eh? fuck off, im fine!"
I say.

"Whatever you say, Heisenberg number two."
They say.

"What?? Im Heisenberg number one...damn you, nines."
I say.

"...never say nines again, i swear to god, i will tackle you down."
They mumble, smiling a little.

"Come on, you love it."
I joke.

"Nope, i just love your dumb shit, now lets go get the damn soup!"
They cheer, running out of the room, i sit there for a few seconds, wide eyed.

"...can you repeat that? Hey, get back here!"
I exclaim, running after them.

Love..? Godamnit, now my head is spinning even more, why'd you have to go and say that..? Fuck, i need a drink.