[R/D]chapter fifty four: the soldiers book closes.

...my sibling and i have become Heisenberg and Lady Dimitrescu, i got the short genes and anger issues, they got the tall genes and a god complex.

"I hate you"

"Tree sized bitch"

"Ant sized Cunt"

"Fuck off, maybe if you keep growing your brain will grow too"

"Maybe if you start growing your ego will shrink."

[An actual fucking conversation we had today]

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...if i have to make a choice, then i know who i need to pick...even if i fucking hate knowing it.

"Alright, here goes everything..."
I mumble, turning away from the church again.

The monsters still ignore me, the snow falling on us all...this is scary, but i know this can work...i hope it can work..

"...im so sorry, Karl...im so fucking sorry.."
I say..hopefully this doesn't get him killed.

I make it to a statue, probably in the middle of the village, Redfield stands beside it, looking at the horrifically distorted Church, strange things poking from it and monsters flooding its area.

"...hey."
I say, he turns his head to me.

"Hey there, glad you made it. Did you kill her?"
Redfield asks.

"...somebody beat me to her."
I say.

"Oh...that's probably for the best."
Redfield says.

He's probably hurt...or dead...or captured...

"...sure."
I mumble, shutting out those thoughts for now.

I look over to him, walking closer to him.

"Listen...i have a feeling that you and this agency know what's going on here, you wouldn't send soldiers to a small village without a good reason...i need to know exactly what this is."
I say.

"...you're leaving with me anyways...okay, its probably best you know what you've been dragged into."
Redfield says.

"Alright, tell me."
I say.

"...this place is infected with a form of mold, it crawls into your body and changes your DNA and cell structure...mutating you. This place is just a giant experiment."
Redfield explains.

People have called it a blessing, others a curse, but its just mold...simple mold that's killed so many.

"...Miranda said I'm not alive, that i was destined to be here because of a power...am i mold?"
I ask, he seems hesitant on answering that.

"...tell me!! I deserve to know why i heal like this, why i barely eat and stay alive, i need to fucking know!!"
I yell.

"...in simple terms, you're a dead body. A corpse resurrected by the BSAA...that mold inside of you is the only thing keeping you alive...it mutated inside of you and made you a bioweapon."
Redfield continues.

"Im...im dead..."
I mumble.

...that's why i survived everything, drowning, starving, drinking literal poison...i was already dead. The mold inside of me just kept bringing me back...

"This explains...so much."
I say.

"That's why I'm here, the mold inside of you is more advanced than any common specimens in other zones."
Redfield says.

"...you're not from the company then, if they wanted me, they wouldn't have sent me away."
I say. That's just common knowledge, if i was important to them, they definitely would have kept me there.