[R/D]chapter fifty one: a way in.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're just...walking, the streets are so empty again, like every one of those monsters ran away....Ben is still so limp in my arms, but at least he isn't cold. Funny, when the end of this is finally happening, i can't help but only think of the past...

I remember it so clearly...walking into this place with no realization of what was to come, just knowing i was sent to find out what was happening....and i found Ben, looking back on it, i don't think i was ever supposed to meet Ben, it was like a messed up fate...i had to protect the boy that had nobody else to protect him.

"Are you alright?"
Redfield calls out, i jump a bit, i must've been a little out of it.

"Hm? Yeah, just reminiscing."
I say.

"Its strange, you act fine."
Redfield mumbles.

"What's that supposed to mean?"
I ask.

"You've been here for two weeks, you look like you're starved and you're tired, but you act completely fine..meanwhile, I've been here for a day or two, and i feel like im about to vomit."
Redfield says.

"Vomit? Why..?"
I ask, he points up.

"All of that damn miasma, it's everywhere in this place, making the plant life on the verge of death, and the residents...well, that kid is the only living native I've seen so far."
Redfield says.

Miasma..? I don't smell anything...odd.

"There have been bad parts, but usually someones there to patch them up and help me up."
I say.

"You don't seem all that traumatized, and you sure as hell know how to fight from how you met me."
Redfield points out.

"Well...there's still been bad things."
I say.

"Want to give me some examples?"
Redfield asks.

What example does he want? And what examples are good enough to explain...? Two weeks and I've witnessed things that would make grown men cry..

Finding out Ben, the boy i swore to keep safe, was slowly going to die and turn into a Lycan.

Accidentally killing an innocent woman because of a hallucination..

drowning and somehow waking up just in time to murder a man who screamed and cried out for his Mother....

Betraying Lady Dimitrescu's trust twice..

Running away from Karl, the man who risked his life to protect and take care of Ben and I.

...knowing i can't take Karl with me when Redfield is here, no matter how much i want to or how many times i promised him i would..

"....its bad to relive."
I say.

"I guess i can respect that, if you really had traumatic experiences, it would be better off to not think of them."
Redfield says.

We continue in silence for a moment, before i decide to speak again.

"(Y/n)."
I say.

"Hm?"
Redfield hums.

"My name, i never told you...its (y/n)."
I say.

"...nice to meet you, (y/n)."
Redfield says.

We make it to a turning path, and not that far, we see the entrance of the church...monsters cover the entrance like flies to a corpse, dozens apon dozens.

"Fuck..how would we get in..?"
Redfield mumbles.

"We probably cant fight all of them, so maybe find another entrance..?"
I suggest.

"Well...there isnt another entrance, at least not one that doesn't have those things all around them...but a distraction will definitely get them away.."
Redfield mumbles.

"a distraction? What would we use?"
I ask.

Redfield looks around, then puts his hand over something on a holster on his chest, he looks at me quickly, like an idea popped in his head.

"...i need to set something up, and it'll definitely get their attention."
Redfield says.

"Great...!"
I say.

"Get ready to run in and close that fucking door behind you, got it? This could be our only chance."
Redfield says.

"How will you get in?"
I ask.

"Ill find a way, now get ready."
Redfield says.

"...Got it."
I say.

Redfield walks away and into the gravel road we just came from, then, from his holster, he pulls out what looks like those flare guns you see in movies.

He shoots it into the sky, and an ear piercing bang hits my ears, all the monsters' attention seems to center on it, and they charge towards Redfield.

"Fuck...!"
I mumble, but i don't watch for that long, I hold Ben tightly and sprint towards the church.

I get in and take one last look towards him...i don't see him anywhere, but the monsters seem to not see him as well, their attention turns back to the church, and then to the one who's in it: me.

"FUCK!"
I curse, slamming the door and locking it with the battering board...what kind of doors have these nowadays..?

They slam against it, and they swarm the church again...its strange, i don't see Lady Dimitrescu in here like last time.

"There you are, Darling.."
An unfamiliar voice says, i quickly turn back, and i go face to face with pure evil.

"....Miranda."