Chapter 8

The next morning

I woke up at around 9:00 am because it was a Saturday and we didn't have to shoot so I went to take a shower and got dressed in some blue jeans and a tank top and put a flannel over it and washed my face and did my skin care routine,and then walked into the kitchen and was about get started on breakfast when scarlet texted me and asked me if I wanted to come over to eat brunch with her family and I said sure and then I went to wake up Dylan and he wasn't very happy but I told him to go get in the shower and then get dressed which he did so thankfully. He got dressed in blue jeans and a long sleeve shirt with his blue vans that match his shirt and I just but on my light brown boots and I got our coats and we were on our way

At scarlets house*

When we got to scarlets house I got out of the car and helped Dylan get out and I handed him my hand to hold and we walked to her door together and rang the door bell and when she opened it she said " hey guys come on how are you guys!"  I responded with were good! And then we took of our shoes and I took Dylan's coat and put it behind his chair and I put mine behind mine and we sat down then scarlet said " Colin meet marlena she's my co star marlena meet Colin my husband" nice to meet you Colin thank you for having us" he said " nice to meet you as well marlena and it's our pleasure who's that little man" he said asking Dylan he said " I'm Dylan" Colin said " well hi Dylan and that girl over there is rose my daughter she's seven how old are you" Dylan responded with " I'm six" scarlet smiled and us and I smiled back and then we ate breakfast and when we were done I picked up Dylan's plate and mine and washed them. After that I sat back down and then Collin said " hey rose why don't you show Dylan the backyard and the play ground!?" Rose got up and said " ok come on Dylan!" And with that Dylan stood up and said thank you and ran with rose to the backyard after that Collin asked me " if you don't mind me asking how old are you. You seem to young to have a son" I responded with " oh no he's not my son he's my younger brother I just take care of him" after that Collin asked " oh well what about family were are your parents?" I didn't know how to respond to that so I just said " oh my mom died when I was young and my dad just abandoned me and my brother." Scarlet and Collin exchanged looks until scarlet said " well I was thinking about something and I talked to Colin about it and I just wanna know what you think, we were thinking that since your so young and your raising your brother and you guys are gonna be here a while you guys can come stay with us a while what do you think" I didn't know how to react scarlet was trying to raise me be the mom I never had so I just said " I mean I would-" but I was with a phone call from a random number so I went to awnser it and then I heard my fathers voice and he said " Marlena rose you better get to your apartment and let me in so I can take care of you and your brotherrrr" he said this slurring his words but I knew if I didn't comply he would hurt Dylan and I couldn't have that so I told him okay and walked back to the table in a hurry and grabbed my stuff and scarlet tried to stop me from leaving but she saw my look of dispair and she let me go get Dylan and tell him we had to go and leave. After we left Collin and scarlet exchanged a look and said " she's in danger"