Chapter 17

A couple of months later*

I had recently turned 17 and as a celebration scarlet Brie and Lizzie threw me a brunch party but it had a sleepover involved so the night before we all met at lizzies house for the sleepover and brunch so we left Collin in charge of the kids.

At lizzies house*
We were all doing face masks and talking and scarlet said " it feels so good to be away from rose she's getting to the age we're she's starting to not listen" I replied with " oh believe me I know Dylan has been being really bad and naughty as school and he's been really mean and un welcoming to Alec which I hate cause I'm really trying with the both of them" Lizzie said " yeah I bet I think Dylan just thinks your replacing him for someone else" I said " yeah I guess but that's not what we're here for let's make some drinksss" I got up walked to the kitchen opened a bottle of wine and poured some cups and passed them around and when I was about to take a sip scarlet took my glass and said " ah ah ah no wine for your only 17" I said " oh come on scarlet it's not like I haven't drank before" and with that I set scarlet into mad mom mode she said " what do you mean you've drank before!!" I said " yeah I have at a party" and with that I was running because scarlet was chasing me and she said " and you didn't tell me young lady!?" And with that Collin FaceTimed me and I said " stop wait Collin is calling me" so I awnsered and said " hello?" And then I heard a faint cry and started to panic and said " who is crying Collin!?"and then he said " Dylan sorta kinda fell off of the tree and he won't stop crying.." and in that moment I froze I had never left him alone before so I told him " get him to the hospital now I'm on my way!" And with that he said ok panicked and hanged up. And with that I ran upstairs and put on some jeans and a sweatshirt and my white shoes and grabbed my coat and ran downstairs and said " I have to go Dylan had an accident and he's on his way to the hospital and I need to be there I'm sorry and thank you so much for this" and I got into my car and drove to the hospital.

At the hospital*

When I got there I ran in and looked around for Collin when I found him I ran over to him and said " we're is he?!" Collin said " they had to take him into an emergency surgery" I said " what happened" he then responded with " Dylan wasn't listening when I told him to get off and he didn't listen and then he slipped and fell and hit his arm and head" then a doctor came out and said " family of Dylan rose" I ran up there and said " hi it's me I'm his sister" the doctor said " well the injuries are pretty serious so we do have to take him into emergency surgery and it's gonna be a long surgery so you guys should go home and get some rest and then come back and we will call you" and with that he walked out and Collin said " come on let's go home I'll take you to your house if you want or we can go to mine" I said " no thanks I'm staying till Dylan is out of surgery so that I can be the first to get some information" Collin was hesitant but said ok but before he left he called scarlet to tell her what happened and that I was going to stay.