Chapter 43

Mother's Day*

I woke up at 7:30 on Mother's Day because even thought it was Mother's Day I still had to do a ton of stuff so I woke up made my bed and picked out the kids clothes and then I went downstairs and made some waffles and I served Angelina some milk and Dylan some juice and then I heard Dylan coming downstairs so I said " hey buddy!" He smiled at me and sat down and I gave him his plate of waffles and kissed his head and said " let me go get Angelina buddy and then we can go to the park and meet Lizzie" he smiled and started eating and I saw Angelina slowly wake up and she did the grabby thing which meant she wanted me to pick her up so I did and then I snuggled her downstairs while I fed her and got them ready for the park.

At the park*

I let Dylan go run free and I let Angelina try to walk. The reality was that I was exhausted from coming home from work to making dinner helping with homework doing my own and everything else and the kids were tired of being inside. I went to sit at a bench and just sat their and waited for Lizzie and then I saw her walking toward me so I smiled at her and said softly " hey Liz" she said " hey stranger" she sat down and I just laid my head on her shoulder and yawned and she said " happy Mother's Day" I smiled and said " thanks Liz" she then said " you got any plans" I shook my head no and then said " Dylan had a science project he needs help with so" Lizzie frowned and said " well we can go out to eat!" I shook my head and said " go spend some time with your mom Liz I'll be fine plus it's not like i need to celebrate it" I then changed the subject because I didn't wanna feel more sad.