🌠14🌠

Picture of Oluchi and Ajay in the background.❤️❤️

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Surprises can be deadly
at certain moments
~Ajay
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

~𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗~

The atmosphere of the late hours of Saturday morning in the house of Oluchi's parents, was one of merriment. Several women who came all the way from the village, were seated at the backyard preparing several delicacies and singing several traditional songs to express how happy they were. The event decorators were already in the front yard installing canopies and putting the necessary designs and decorations for the traditional wedding.

The bride was in her room along with the make up artist, the hair dresser and a host of her friends and cousins. Ajay was not left behind. She and Zara came over to the house the previous day to help in the preparations and also cheer Oluchi on. Ajay was surprised at how fast she was able to click with her favourite cousin again. They had a lot of fun gisting and learning how to dance the cultural dance. Ajay was able to grasp it immediately. She was a natural!

On the other hand, Zara who had just very little knowledge on the Igbo cultural dance, did surprisingly better than even Oluchi who was the teacher.

"Zara abeg come and design the nails o. I'm done filing then." One of Oluchi's friend, Daberechi said, calling Zara's attention.

"Did you apply the nail hardener?" Zara asked, walking towards Daberechi.

"Yes, that was the last thing I did." Zara nodded in reply and got into action immediately, painting and designing Oluchi's nails.

About an hour later, the bride was looking ravishingly ready to meet her groom in her first outfit which consisted of a golden coloured armless gown which was straight to her knee and flayed from her knees to the floor, several red beads adorning her ears, neck and wrist and a horsetail which she held firmly. Ajay and the rest of her entourage also got ready to accompany the bride. The were dressed in red and black striped wrappers tied around their chest and waist respectively and a couple of red beads adorned their waist, head, ears, ankles, necks and wrist.

Oluchi's youngest sister walked into the room minutes later to inform Zara that her attention was needed outside.

"Aunty Zara, somebody said I should tell you that your attention is needed outside."

"Who's the somebody?" Zara asked, looking away from the mirror

"I don't know the person o." She said and left immediately.

Zara quickly applied her lip gloss and stepped out into the living room. The so called 'somebody' was dressed in a black, well-sown senator, backing her.

"Sorry, are you the one looking for me?" She asked in the calmest voice possible.

He turned and gave Zara one of his familiar smiles, "Hello Zara."

Zara gave him a blank stare, trying to figure out if this guy had finally lost his mind. She eyeballed him, gave a long hiss and turned to leave but he quickly grabbed her arm.

"Ken, what is it?" Zara asked, glaring at him

"Jeez! Calm down. I'm here for peace, trust me."

"Me, I don't want your peace. Just leave me the fuck, alone." Zara fired sharply. Ken groaned in frustration, gently massaging his temple.