✨29✨

Second Update 🙂

Third to the last Chapter

You've been enjoying this book up to this point, don't you think I deserve a follow? Please follow me, I'll follow back ❤️

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Reconciled!
~Unknown

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

~𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗~

Ajay's heart squeezed in her chest several times as she stared at the one that broke her heart into pieces. Her emotions were all over the place, she was excited and at the same time furious to know that he was the hot chocolate dude who happened to be her date for the night. He looked really good but he had hurt her a lot in the past and the memories made her sick of everything. So she did what she did.

She stood up and walked out, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

Fejiro made his way to the stage with his shoulder slumped, his thoughts leaving him in serious inner conflict. He wanted to comfort Ajay, Scratch that, he needed to comfort Ajay and explain things to her. Her once glowing eyes had a lot of pain in them just before she walked out of the auditorium.

He turned and hurried out of the auditorium, ignoring all whispers, side-talks and stares from his staff. The cool evening breeze met him as he stepped outside. It managed to calm his nervous self down a little. Just a tiny bit. He hurriedly set off to find the love of his life. He searched everywhere that he could think of but couldn't find her. He was about to give up when he heard sobs coming from the pool side.

She was seated by the pool with her legs in the water. His heart broke to see how vulnerable she looked at that moment.

He took quiet strides towards her and made an attempt to stoop to her level when she interjected, "Don't! Don't come close," she warned.

"Ajay, please......"

"Do I look like a fool to you? Someone you can play around with to appeal to your selfish desires?"

"Ajay, I......."

She got on her feet and face him head on, "Mr. Fejiro, what do you want?"

"Ajay....."

Ajay hissed, pointing a finger at him, "Why the hell are you chasing after me when you're actually a marri...."

He groaned in frustration, speaking with a strained voice, "Will you just shut the f*ck up and allow me explain?!" Ajay jolted in shock at his outburst, "please.." he added in a pleading voice.

Ajay remained mute and Fejiro took it as cue to continue. "Look, babe, I'm not married, heck! I've never been married since my mum brought me into this earth. That woman you met in my house years ago was just some random girl I saved."

He unlocked his phone and opened his gallery to show Ajay a picture of a lady in a white wedding gown and her groom in a brown suit, linked at their arms smiling joyfully at the camera.

"Look at this, Ajay," she raised the phone to her eye level, "Can you recognize her?"

Ajay snatched the phone from his hands to take a closer look. She would recognize the lady anywhere. She was Fejiro's 'supposed' wife. She looked at Fejiro, waiting for an explanation.