✨1✨

This chapter will be filled with pidjin Nigerian English. No need to fret. I got you all covered. If you don't still get, you can leave a comment.
Let's move.....shall we?!!
••••••••••••••••••••

Money no dey
But dah one no be better excuse
to use hustle
~Fejiro
••••••••••••••••••••••

~𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗~

"Oga Landlord is coming o!" Ten-year-old Yemisi announced to the association of poor tenants. They had being owing the man a lot of rent, and from the look on his face, he was ready to harvest their kidneys and sell them off just to retrieve his money.

The building looked so dilapidated. Wooden doors which had nets at their tops were used to secure each tenant's room. Clothes spread on the not so organized cloth line and the dirtiness of the surroundings, coupled with the mini ponds that had formed due to the rain, all contributed to the irritating look of the street.

Some of the tenants who were wide awake quickly rushed out and stood in front of their houses.

Seeing the face of his tenants and their pleading eyes, the Landlord seemed to let go of the aura he possessed at first. He looked at the first woman who had a hand on her head.

"Wetin? Wetin dey happen, madam? Ehhh?" He asked, sounding not so concerned though.

"Oga Landlord, na my husband o." The woman complained, walking towards where Oga Landlord stood with his hands akimbo. "Since them carry am go Kano, one kobo, shishii, I no get, I no see." (Landlord, it's my husband. Since they transferred him to Kano, I've been penniless)

"Eh ehh..!" Oga Landlord exclaimed, his mouth slightly open in surprise.

That honestly made him look like a baboon. He was already ugly as he was.

"Ehhh... Sorry, " he continued, "That one sad o. Heiiii! You never see?" The last part sounded more like a statement though. But it was obviously a mock-question.

Yemisi dashed out from her own house, looking hungry and like she was at the verge of crying.

Oga Landlord, noticing that she was still at home instead of being in school, turned to face her. "Ah ahhh Yemisi, wetin happen? Where your mummy?"

"My mummy did not pay me school fees and I'm very hungry." Her voice came out almost in whispers. But it was loud enough for Oga Landlord to hear her.

"Ehhhh! Ehhhh, eh...." Oga Landlord continued his mock sympathy

"O..oga Landlord, we dey H." Another tenant, Dele stammered, not even allowing him to finish sympathizing with Yemisi "Anything for the boys?" (Landlord, we are hungry.)

Mr landlord scoffed "Haa! You wey be say.. wait o" (pointing at him) "No be you dey work for oil and gas? Wey I don even calculate say I go increase your own house rent by thirty percent." (Is it not you that's working in an oil and gas company? I have already planned on increasing your own rent by thirty percent.)

The tout looking tenant raised his hand in denial "I no even see red oil company or..or groundnut oil to work, na oil and gas company. Ah ahh now! Oga Landlord, that one na lie o!" (I've not even found a palm oil company to work talk more of an oil and gas company. Landlord, It's a lie!)