✨17✨

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Sadly, the frogs in my
life just don't want to evolve
~Ajay
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

~𝙰𝚓𝚊𝚢~

It was my twenty fifth birthday party and I was very excited.

Like who wouldn't?

Right from the very first minute of the day, I was showered with love, both the fake and flawless ones. Nevertheless, I welcomed all of them without fear or trembling.

Pun intended.

The party was lit as fuck. I couldn't deny the fact that the wedding planner, Adeola, did a marvelous job. I felt like a queen right from when I was told to dance into the hall with a lot of friends coming to drop wads of cash on the floor. I was enjoying myself, well until I saw him walking towards the stage, with the same breathtaking smile on his face after admitting to be one of my secret admirers. My jaw clenched and my breathing became0p haggard. If I was a cartoon character, this is the point where smoke will erupt from my ears due to my red face.

I was mad angry and I couldn't stop myself from doing what I did next.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BASTARD DOING HERE!" I screamed my lungs out angrily, standing up with one of my hands forming a fist and the other pointing at my ex, Obinna. But he looked totally unfazed, as he kept walking towards my table, as if he was expecting the whole reaction.

Zara held one of my hands, caressing it softly and in a way trying to calm me down. But seeing him only brought back painful memories and my heart was definitely not prepared for that kind of pain. I had already tried my best to make myself happy as it was my birthday but my village people were out in mass once again to destroy my happiness.

The crowd was already in a murmuring mess. Well, practically everyone knew about I and Obinna's relationship except the married to my cousin part. Like it was a public proposal. Obviously, it made the news headlines and at that point I hated that one fact.

"Hey beautiful," He winked, before leaning in and planting a chaste peck on my right cheek.

The audacity was appalling!

The next thing that was flying in the air was my right hand. It landed violently on Obinna's left cheek with a whack. His head turned abruptly to the direction of the slap due to the force with which my hand landed on his face. He winced at the impact, using his left hand to nurse his slap-stained cheek.

"Obinna, leave this place this fucking minute. Leave!" I screamed as I bursted into tears. My knees became weak as I held my chair for support. The invited media and some aproko ushers were just taking photos and videos of the entire scene. There was so much flashlights than I could hold up with. My limbs began to tremble. My throat felt dry and I could feel my chest constricting.

It was happening again. I tried sucking in more breath to no avail. Zara's name was all I could faintly hear myself call out to. I felt someone pick me up from my seat bridal style but I didn't get to access his face before my eyelids firmly joined together.

.....

I slowly opened my eyes due to the noise coming from downstairs. I could hear three people's voices; Zara's, Oga Fejiro's and another familiar voice I couldn't really place. I looked around to note my current location. I heaved a sigh of relief when I noticed I was in my room, on my bed. I groaned as flashback of the events of the day came running back to my memory.