Color Girl <3

"When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless." -Chris Colfer

"It gets better. It seems hard, you know, I think being different is always gonna be a tough climb. There's always gonna be people that are scared of it. But at the end of the day you give those bullies, those people, that are so ignorant, if you give them the power to affect you, you're letting them win. And they don't deserve that. What you're doing by being yourself is you're keeping it real, and you're being really brave." -Adam Lambert

<3StayStrong<3

____________________

So, here I am. Crying in a bathroom. Sucks, right?

Yeah. Life would be a lot easier if people wouldn't tease me, hit me, and kick me until I cried. Life would be a lot easier if I didn't have to run from the mean girls, all their followers, the people that hated me because I tried to stand out.

But life isn't easy. Life is a rocky road, just like ice cream. If you get a good carton, the ice cream will be sweet. If you eat spoiled ice cream, it tastes bitter and all the good crunchy bits are soggy and stale. I believe my life is like the latter of the two.

This may sound cliche, but it really did start when I was a young girl. I came from a "broken family" to put it nicely. I have lived in an orphanage since I was about 5. Now I'm 13. I've been there for a while.

When I first started middle school, I thought it would be great to be different. To set myself apart, I dip dyed my blonde hair pink, purple, and blue. Great idea?

Heck to the no.

I didn't know anybody at the school when I started. Everyone else knew everyone else, but I was alone. I wish I had at least known what they were like before I died my hair.

I came to school that day in some plain dark skinny jeans, a plain, light grey sweatshirt, and some ankle- height Uggs. They were bright blue, to match my hair. I saw them once in a catalog and they made me smile, so I saved up all summer for them. They helped me feel confident. I had something brand new on my side.

When I arrived at school though, instead of a warm welcome or even a friendly hello, all I got was the privilege of being ignored. No one talked to me, even looked at me, in the halls. I shuffled back and forth with my head down.

Turns out, here, dip-dyed hair doesn't make you cool or special. It doesn't make you stand out.

It makes you a freak. 

________________________