Chapter 2- Bruises

"Everybody loses, we all got bruises." -Train, Bruises Ft. Ashley Monroe

_______________________________

What I got the following week was far worse than silence. I got pain.

After school, a group of girls in cheerleader uniforms approached me.

"Hey, loser girl!" a girl with long brown hair sneered at me. I cam to learn her name was Bri. "We're gonna hurt you unless you get out of here, k, hun?" She said it in a perky voice like she was telling me she got a new puppy.

"Uh-um, I- I..." My words caught in my throat.

"What's the matter, hun?" Bri laughed. "Got something to say?" All of the girls behind her laughed.

Bri stood over me (I was sitting at my bottom-row locker) and tilted my chin up with a finger. I thought she opened her mouth to speak, but instead she swung a fist at my jaw. I whimpered, screwing my eyes shut in pain. I felt another hand start pulling my hair, and another punched me in the cheek. With this many hands I knew that Bri's cronies had joined in.

I shut my locker quickly and ran away from the group, all the way back to the orphanage. I ran right through the door, setting my things down in the kitchen. My scalp stung from the hair- pulling, my jaw was throbbing every time I took a breath, and my cheek had swollen up below my eye.

I threw some ice into a towel and pressed it to my cheek, to try and help the swelling.  Grabbing my binder off the counter on the way, I made my way slowly and painfully up to my room.

Once I had closed and locked my door, I collapsed on the bed. I knew I would never fit in at this school. I would always be that freak with the weird hair, the loser with the blue boots.

My mistake was that standing out hadn't made me special; it had made me a target.

______________________

Soooooo whatcha guys think of my new story? Pretty cool, right? Don't worry, you'll get some 1D later.

On the subject of 1d, of course u probs know they almost all have quiffs now? Well my great- uncle sent in this old video from the fifties and thirties of our family on my dad's side. It went back in the family to my great-great-grandmother! It was cool. But then it showed my grandpa when he was younger and he had a quiff. O.o I was like "DAD HE HAS A QUIFF!" "And my dad was like, "That was the fifties, babe." and I was like "But people wear that now." O.o

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

xx Amanda